White Stuff Everywhere!

For a brief moment last night we thought the snow had ended and wouldn’t be too bad but oh, we woke up with snow everywhere! People were stranded on the roads and the hotel ended up being full. Cars and trucks just landed with total disregard to any organization in the parking lot; not that there are any lines to be seen anyway. It just looked funny to get up and see vehicles everywhere.

There’s a van that apparently ended up in the wrong spot, as well as an 18 wheeler that stuck and almost blocking the entrance to the hotel parking lot. So far, they’ve had another 18 wheeler and a big tow truck try to get him unstuck but he hasn’t budged. Cars can get out of the parking lot with him stuck there but the other 18 wheelers can’t get past him.

The people here are so friendly. Everyone has been out helping everyone else. The hotel has a couple of snow shovels and some of the people staying here have shovels and they’re all out helping the rest of us dig out.

Not much action on the streets though . . hopefully everyone will stay in and stay safe.

Comments

The Calico Cat says

Good luck & stay safe! (I keep a snow shovel in my trunk for these very occasions – they don’t happen often around here, but…)

Darlene - Dazed Quilter says

Wow! I hope you have something to keep you busy – knitting???? Stay warm and safe!

Anonymous says

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!! That is to see the pictures of my town on your blog!!! Yes we really have the snow here!! I was doing my morning blog reading and when I got to yours and saw the pictures I thought they looked familiar so hollared at my hubby to come look and yep that’s our Barton sign!!! Have a safe trip…it sounds like it is supposed to be better in these parts…cold but not more snow fall for now>>>>>>>>>
    PEG in Southern Missouri!!!!!!!!!!!

quiltpixie says

looks like home to me! But in central canada we’re supposed to have snow and cold like that…. hope you all stayed warm and safe :-0

Gail says

Stay safe. It looks so pretty–from a distance of several hundred miles and through a computer monitor!

Carolyn says

I can’t believe all the snow you have and it’s still in the 70s in NJ! But that’s all changing as we speak. Have a safe trip home!

Carol says

Oh my goodness Judy…how lucky you were to get a place to stay. Keep warm and have a safe trip home. Carol

Pam's Creative Mind says

I want snow….says Pam, who is oooh-ing and aaaah-ing over everyone’s snow pictures!

Cynthia says

i would love to spend a Christmas with snow. I’m enjoying seeing the photos on everyones blogs of the snow.

Norma says

It looks like we are all “enjoying” this white stuff! It is starting to melt here but it is messy during the day with all the slush and icy at night when everything freezes!

Susan says

Wow, that parking lot picture is something else! I’m glad no one slid into you, while they were parking here, there, and yonder!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum says

How fabulous would that be….from here! It’s just so different to our little patch of Earth. Enjoy the God-given time to reat and recharge.
    ps gratitudes is finished and on my bed tonight!

Shelina says

It is great that everybodyis so friendly. It seems like a good time to stay in and enjoy a surprise honeymoon.

Carolyn says

Judy, you haven’t checked in for a few days…I hope all is well! Let us know when you’re back, we miss you!

Jenni @ Fairybread says

I suppose it is different when you have to live with it, but it’s so beautiful! Thesky is so clear and the trees look so lovely.