Goodbye Kentucky! Hello Missouri!

I have had the hardest time keeping this quiet til it was ok to post it here. I’ll bet you all wondered why I haven’t been blogging much! Well, it’s because my days and nights are pretty much consumed with this upcoming move and I couldn’t say anything so I figured I’d just keep quiet.

We’re moving to Missouri. That helps explain why two fairly normal people would go there when there’s a snow storm predicted! We had a trip planned in early November and had things happen that caused us not to get to go and if we had not gone the weekend of the snow storm, there was probably no chance of us finding a house in time for our move. So, we tromped through the snow and ice and it was so worth it as we found the perfect house! I’m not going to share a whole bunch of pictures because it’s all the other people’s stuff in the house in these pictures but I think if you see the dining room and breakfast room, you’ll know why I fell in love with this house. I love lime green!! Not all the rooms are lime green though . . darn it! πŸ™‚

And, it has a full basement so there’s plenty of room for the longarm.

The plan is that the movers will come on December 20 and 21 and do the packing, then they’ll come back on December 26 and 27 and do the loading and they’ll leave here with our “stuff” on December 28 and it will all be set up at the new location on January 3. I’m guessing Christmas dinner at our house will consist of ham sandwiches on paper plates since everything will be packed.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, my blog will probably be taken over by moving posts. Sometime around mid to late January, I hope to see my fabric and sewing machine again.

We’re really happy about the move and although moving at Christmas sounds like a hassle (moving ANYTIME is a hassle), the timing is perfect. Chad can start a new semester in January at the new location, taxes will work out great since everything ends in KY at the end of the year and starts in MO at the beginning of the year.

We’re going to a really small town and I’m happy about that too. Believe it or not, there’s a quilt/yarn shop there! I didn’t get to go by and visit while we were there but at least there’s one there. We’ll be 60 miles from Joplin and about 90 miles from Kansas City so any time I get the desire for city shopping, I can be in one of those places in just an hour or so.

My requests were:

• No interstate highway nearby. Check
  • A nice basement. Check
  • A great kitchen. Check

I didn’t even ask for lime green walls and I got that so . . what more could a girl ask for?

Judy L.

Comments

Anonymous says

I’m having problems leaving comments, also, so I hope this will post!

I’m excited for you and your family’s upcoming move. Good luck with the packing, etc and enjoy the process.

Love the socks, by the way! πŸ™‚

Darlene

Rose says

Good luck with the move. We moved to Illinois, about 20 minutes or so outside of St. Louis, MO and I love it here. Haven’t yet had the time to resume quilting, but I’m hoping after Christmas I’ll be able to.

Best wishes on your move. πŸ™‚

joyce says

Congratulations on finding the perfect house. I love your menus. I have tried it that way but it doesn’t seem to work for me. Last time I had a menu for the weekend when the grandchildren were here. On Sunday they were laughing their heads off because not one meal we ate matched what was on the menu.

The Calico Cat says

So are you going to share the “why” you are moving?

just wondering…. We moved a lot (IMHO) as a kid, but my dad was in the Army… All of the kids who’s parents were not in the Army did not seem to move… (They actually had a hometown & were from somewhere. Like my husband.)

Vicky says

Thank goodness the cat’s out of the bag! I was about to pop for you to share your lime walls!

I’m so excited for you, Judy! I think this house and community was made for you!

(Hugs)

Mama Koch says

Oh, so exciting to find a perfect house and with green walls….that has to be a JUDYL house for sure!

Glad the transfer brings you closer and glad Chad is going to settle in too. It’s just a good move.

Carolyn says

Judy, how exciting! I’m sure the move to Missouri is a wonderful opportunity for you. Have you sold your houses in Kentucky? I can’t wait to see pictures of your new house!

Bonnie says

Judy, you amaze me. A move at Christmas time and you still are planning and posting menus!

I hope the move goes well and that the new location brings new friends and good memories.

Anonymous says

Hi, catching up on a few days of missed blogs.
    I really only have trouble commenting on your site, but usually I can get in on anonymous-if I hold my breath and wiggle my nose!
    Love your new house, I’d be upping the bid so I got that ladder in the kitchen as well-perfect for displaying quilts.
    Also well done on the birthday cake from scratch, I know not every day is a perfect one with kids but these efforts are eventually remembered!
    Lets see if my nose is wiggling right!
    [email protected]

Anonymous says

Sorry you got sick when you got back home..but glad your up and running now. Love the picture of the rooms in the new house..very cheery!! Peg in Missouri

Sandra says

Looks like you found yourself a lovely home! Our house is up for sale too and it’s not what I’d recommend for this time of the year LOL.

KnittySue says

Judy,
    I was wondering where you were, So happy your excited about your move. I have to say thanks for posting knitting items too…I’m going to venture into socks after the holidays and your quite the inspiration just like you are with your quilts. Love reading your blog…SueG…ole AAQMB member.

Heart's Journey says

Love, love, love the photos of your new house! I can see why you were smitten! Be sure to post your own photos with your stuff once you are all moved in..would love to see how it all turns out! I also think your socks are amazing. I need to get to know you better and get in on a gift exchange. I have small feet…would that help speed up our ‘getting to know you’, process? Ha! Every thing you do is amazing, Judy…even finding the perfect house!

Jeanne says

Aha! Look! It let me comment through google today! This blogger thing is making me crazy!!!
    Jeanne

Sweet P says

Good luck with your move. I bet it is hard to move over the holidays, but, like you said, moving anytime is a pain.

For a long time I used to plan my meals one week at a time. Since DS moved out I haven’t been so diligent in planning. I’ve said to myself that I will get back to meal planning in the new year.

Tazzie says

How wonderful that you’ve found the perfect house, it sure does look nice! I just read about Chad, hopefully as he grows older things will happen less and less … I’ll have my fingers crossed for you.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    πŸ™‚

Judy says

Love the color..I have almost the same color in my dining and kitchen…yours is a tad more lime than my avacado walls. But I love the colors she uses to compliment the green.

Glad you founf what you were looking for!

deputyswife says

What is it with my quilt bloggers moving to the midwest?!? Mary from Scrap Quilts from Stash is moving to MN (over Christmas too) and you are moving to MO. LOL! Something else, you both will be exactly four hours from me. Almost neighbors… lol!

I hope all goes well for you. Merry Christmas!

Betty J in OKC says

I’m happy for you to find the PERFECT house, exspecially during nasty weather! I know how difficult it is to move during Dec. I did it once myself. Remember that Joplin’s only 5 hrs from St. Louis and 8 hrs from Paducah. Wish I could go again in ’07.

Tomorrow I should finish piecing October’s Leaf quilt. They cut my hours at work again, so I’ll spend the hours at my sewingmachine instead.
    Betty J in OKC

Anonymous says

Congratulations on your move to MO, especially during the holidays. I’m situated between Joplin & Springfield and lightly north of I-44. Look forward to hearing you’re all set up again and back to normal. Love your work. April W