Dream Kitchen

If you’ve been reading my blog for any amount of time, you know I love to cook and you know the kitchen in the house in town where I was spending almost all my time, was about the size of a peanut. Excuse the mess as I was in the middle of making meatballs and sauce when I took this picture. A double oven is almost always a priority when I look at a house but I never thought of just doing two separate ovens. This kitchen has a regular drop in type stove/oven combo and then a separate wall oven that is convection also. I love this idea!

And, look what got set up today! I’m so happy to have this assembled and know that it survived the move and is working properly. Vince has worked so hard today getting things unpacked and I hated to ask him to stop and assemble the longarm but I asked and he did it!

Tomorrow we’re going to Joplin to go to Sam’s and get more shelves so I can start unpacking fabric. Still not totally sure how I’m going to arrange the room down there but I’m determined to have all the sewing machines, fabric, cutting table, longarm, and other sewing stuff in that one room!

Judy L.

Comments

ForestJane says

Geesh, if you think that’s a messy kitchen you sure must keep all surfaces empty, normally! Looks pretty clean and nice to me!

Happy hunting for your new fab-racks – going for some with glass doors to keep the sun and animals out?

Anonymous says

Hi Judy, I’ve been following your “day trip” turned “move” saga. I admire your adventurous nature. Did ya’ll just make a split decision to up and move? Do ya’ll have jobs lined up?Family? I would like to just throw a dart on the map and move there, just to do it,lol! Hopefully, the dart would land somewhere warm! How did ya’ll do it all so fast?:o) Also, I’d love for you to see my “Hour” quilt. How do I post it? Amie in Tn.

Vicky says

Oh, Judy, it is just so wonderful to see you cooking in your new kitchen, and your longarm set up! Yep, you’re home!

Hugs

Norma says

It is nice to see your Millie unpacked and ready to go again! We miss seeing your wonderful quilting!

Mary says

I loved having all my stuff in one room in the Marietta house – here I’m in two rooms and it’s not too bad since they are right next to each other but I do run back and forth a bit. The good news is that all the running I used to do up and down stairs to fetch things is no longer necessary. Luckily I’m walking almost everywhere so I’m still moving around.

Judith says

LOL do you call this a messy kitchen. You would go nuts when I am working in my kitchen as it is than real messy.

Helen says

Two ovens, plus the microwave. You must be going to cook up a storm! Where’s the mess!! Maybe we should all post piccies of our kitchens so you know what real mess looks like (vbg)

Sweet P says

That’s an messy kitchen? Just kidding. I like to keep my counter tops clean too, even when I’m cooking. I’ve been following your progress in the new house and you seem to be coming along well. I can’t wait to see how you set up your sewing room.

Gail says

You do indeed have a nice new kitchen, ideal for someone who enjoys cooking as much as you do. I, however, envy you the nice big room in what appears to be your lower level that you are turning into a quilt studio. That’s a big one on my wish list!

Nancy says

One of our main criteria for the kitchen when we remodel in a few more years is going to be a double oven. And I understand why you’re so excited about having a bigger kitchen. We went from LOTS of counter space in the house in MS to virtually none here. And BTW that is NOT a messy kitchen!!!!

Have fun getting your sewing room all set up the way you want it. Before you know it you’ll be all done and back to peddle-to-the-metal sewing.

Carolyn says

Judy, your kitchen looks wonderful…lots of room and cabinets! Now that the machine is up I can’t wait to see what you do in your new surroundings. Congratulations on getting things done so quickly!

soccertxi says

Judy~ I’m glad the worst of the move is OVER! When you have a bed to sleep in, a kitchen to cook in, and a bathroom to bathe in, it STARTS being home. Just wait till the last picture is hung! HEAVEN! Hope your search for racks was a success.

KnittySue says

What a beautiful kitchen, and the room you have for your quilting is grand. Glad your settling in.

Carol says

What a wonderful kitchen! Looks like it will be just perfect for all your cooking.
    Great to see your machine back together again 🙂

Gayla says

Hello,
    I found your blog today and I’m very glad I did! Really great writing here. My husband’s parents (Bland, MO) and many other family members live in MO. We will soon call it our home too.
    I am just learning to quilt. My very sweet MIL is teaching me. You are so talented and the house is lovely.
    Gayla

Susan says

The kitchen looks very roomy and efficient. Good to see the machine back up! Have fun setting up everything!

tracey says

neYou guys are really moving right along!! And what a FABULOUS kitchen!! I’m so happy to hear that things are coming together for you guys! Hang in there

Carol E. says

Excuse the mess?? I don’t see one! Your new home looks lovely. Sorry to hear that the movers weren’t so grand. Soon you’ll be settled in, and it’ll be home. Won’t that feel great?!