When the Wife Leaves Home

I left Tuesday morning before breakfast, came home tonight . . to this!

In the second picture, just look . . the empty milk jug is left on the counter (instead of rinsing and placing in the recycle container just outside the kitchen door in the garage .. they have to walk right by it to get to their vehicles). The little trash container is running over. Yes, it’s small but it would have been running over had I left a 50 gallon drum in the kitchen. The paper towels are gone and no one bothered to put a new roll on the container.

I spent just a few minutes cleaning and it’s all spiffy, clean dishes unpacked from the dishwasher, it’s reloaded and running again, excess dishes that didn’t fit are washed and put away, countertops are polished.

Notice the windows are open — we’ve been one week without air conditioning and it is supposed to be fixed tomorrow. I surely hope so!

OK . . the kitchen is clean and Chad arrives home . . hungry! I dared him to mess up the kitchen! He had sent me a list of what he wanted from Panera Bread if I found one in Springfield and I did find one. Notice his nice haircut! 🙂

Comments

quiltpixie says

That’s what I need then — a wife! Those pics could be my kitchen so many days…

Conni Lu says

Judy, Let’s face it, some men are just plain kitchen challenged. I don’t know if it’s a learned thing or if they are born that way. 🙂

atet says

Of course, it could be worse. You could have stayed at home and still had that kind of mess to deal with. *sigh* I SHOULD be cleaning my kitchen — but then again, there’s fabric to play with.

Carol says

Chad’s hair looks great…and he sure looks happy with that loaf of bread. Mom and I had lunch at Panera yesterday when I took her out shopping…great sandwich Chicken Tomesto…YUMMY!
    Those boys…bless their hearts 🙂

The Calico Cat says

That is the good ole give ’em an inch coming true!

I never would have guessed thta Panera was a favorite, since his mom actually bakes bread from scratch!

McIrish Annie says

You are too nice! I would have read them the riot act and got some help with the mess! Great pic of your DS! a typical boy, always hungry

Happy Valley Quilter says

I can relate. Last week when my DS21 left his dishes on the table I told him “the maid” had the day off and he had to put his own dishes in the dishwasher. He wanted to know if she would be back the next day. Grrrr……

meggie says

Thank goodness both my sons wouldnt dare…
    My daughter on the other hand…though now she is a mother & has her own family, she has changed dramatically.

Owens Family Adventures says

I love!! it that you took pictures of your messy kitchen!! hahahahahahaha
    dawn

Cynthia says

i would have had a fit if that had been my kitchen. I’m constantly telling the rest of the family to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher and plastics, etc. in the recycling bin.

Mrs. Goodneedle says

I understand fully– sometimes I wonder if it’s worth it to leave at all… but then I come back to my senses! Ha!!

Judy says

At first I was going to ask why they couldn’t load the obviously rinsed off dishes in the dishwasher, but then I read that it was full of clean dishes. Ah too much trouble.

Please save his future wife a serious training job and teach that boy some cleaning skills! I guess I was super lucky to get a 22 yo husband who cleaned everything. His mom was sick and he had to do everything around the house.

Shelina says

They do that so you will feel missed and needed.

I have to admit that my kitchen looks like that too, and I only have myself to yell at.