My Book Arrived!

After hearing from many who have received their copy of Nine Patch Extravaganza over the past few days, I was pretty sure mine would arrive today. I was so happy to see the UPS man drive up about an hour ago with my little box. Vince asked me how I felt when I saw it and I really didn’t have an answer. I’m thrilled with how it turned out but honestly, AQS did so much more than I did to make this book what it is. Putting blocks and borders together, writing instructions, piecing the tops and then quilting them comes easy for me. There’s so much more to getting a book together, getting it published and then into the hands of quilters and there would not be a book had it not been for the wonderful people I worked with at AQS.

So, there it is. All done! I have some book signings scheduled at quilt shops and a quilt show here and there. Each new phase is an adventure for me . . something new. Who would ever have thought when I stumbled into that little quilt shop 25+ years ago, took those first piecing lessons and just couldn’t get enough quilting that one day I’d have my own longarm, a few quilting patterns and then . . a real published book.

Someone pinch me . . I must be dreaming! 🙂

Comments

Vicky says

Judy, no one is going to pinch you. Savor the moment! I’m positive it will the first of many! Congratulations!

deputyswife says

Congratulations Judy! You deserve it!

Any chance there will be book signings in Iowa???

Mary says

Glad it finally arrived – I get home tomorrow and I expect my copy to be waiting for me!

May Britt says

Congratulations on your book. This is fun 🙂 and I guess you’re already thinking about your next book

Carol says

Congratulations Judy…you’ve worked hard and we’re not pinching you…It’s the real deal!

Karen (Misiz C) says

You have such a great eye for design and color. Now the rest of the quilting world will get to see what we already know. Congrats! Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy.

JunePB says

Congratulations!!! Who would have thunk it!! I’m so proud of you. I can’t wait to get my copy of your book!!

Kairle says

How exciting it must be to see your name in PRINT! Congratulations…you’re an inspiration to so many quilters!

Passionate Quilter says

Wow–you did it! Congratulations–that is SO exciting! We’re all proud of you!

Hanne says

Congratulations on your book Judy 🙂
    My copy is travelling as we speak, sent from Amazon. I am looking forward to hold it in my hands.

Connie W says

I didn’t know the book could be pre-ordered from Amazaon (duh) but I did get something in the mail from AQS. You know me, I want you to sign it next time I see you so I’ll have my copy by then. Even though you had told me bits & pieces about the book I don’t think I ‘got it’ that it’s all about 9-patch quilts. So CONGRATS on being published and for all the hard work that went into the making of this book.

Amanda says

Congratulations, Judy. I am so happy for you. I would love to get an autographed copy!

Morah says

I was so excited when I received a notice from the AQS telling of a new book release…and your face was on the notice! I told DH “Hey that’s our Judy!” Congrats!!!!