Congratulations to My Husband!

As of October 1, Vince has a new “job”. Thankfully it is at the plant here and we will not be moving. If I have my way, we’ll stay here forever. Above is the announcement that was sent out. You can click on it to make it larger if you care to read it.

Today I taught two classes at our local quilt shop, The Nine Patch. How neat is it that I love nine patches and the shop here is named The Nine Patch? Just another confirmation for me that this is the perfect place to live. Another confirmation is that when I took Speck out this morning, he was shivering. Our low last night was probably in the upper 40’s. With the wind today, it was a bit chilly outside. Cool days and cooler nights in mid-September .. what more could I ask for!

Chad and Vince have gone to the park to walk. We’re grilling steaks tonight so there won’t be a huge mess in the kitchen to clean up. I think I’ll spend the evening upstairs in the recliner knitting socks. If I think about it, I have a scratchy throat and a stuffy head but . . I’m not going to think about it and maybe it will go away!

Judy L.

Comments

Rabbit Stitchings says

Congratulations to Vince and you! on his new job…good to hear your not going to have to move again!

Anonymous says

YEA!

I’m thrilled that you get to stay! Congrats to Vince! Take care of that throat, allergies around here are awful.

connie

Vicky says

Yahoo!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Vince – AND Judy!! Wow, this is truly great news!

Send some of that shivering weather this way, will you? You need to pamper yourself if you’ve got a scratchy throad. Sitting in the recliner and knitting may just do the trick!

Congrats again! This is awesome news!!

Elaine Adair says

First, congrats to ‘the man’ who I’ve often wondered what he looked like. 😎 Sounds like a good promotion.

Second, I am so relieved you will not have to deal with the moving thing! Too strenuous!

Linda says

Congratulations? What great news. I didn’t know Vince was a graduate of what we lovingly call “The North Avenue Trade School.” 🙂 He must be enjoying their football season this year.

Linda

Tazzie says

Congratulations to Vince on his new work situation, and thank heavens you don’t have to move. I hope you don’t come down with a cold … be sure to take care of you!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    🙂

Barb Mcf says

Congratulations to Vince and happy that you don’t have to move again. My late DH was a grad of the “North Avenue Trade School” also. We met on a blind date while I was also a student in Atlanta at Georgia Baptist Hospital School of Nursing. We have family at Fort Leonard Wood, MO and have visited a couple of times. Beautiful area. Take care of the throat.

Kim says

Congrats to your hubby! I’m ready for the fall weather too! We’re getting those chilly mornings and nights–yippee!

Anonymous says

Wow!! Judy, please tell Vince that I send a big “CONGRATULATIONS!!” That is more than just a feather in his cap! Good job!!

neen

pdudgeon says

big smiles here! I’m so happy for both of you. tell Chad thanks for asking for the honey oatmeal bread–that sounds yummy.

loulee1 says

Best wishes to Vince.
    Judy you take care of your throat. Plenty of fluids and wrap up warm when you’re out with the doggie!

jhwolf says

Congratulations to Vince and the whole family! And especially congratulations for not having to move. We like having you in Missouri.

Judy

Gail says

Hooray for Vince – and for you,too. Wish that your quilt shop was closer, I’d love to take a class from you.

dee says

congrats to Vince-you had me going there for a minute. I thought for sure you were going to announce another move. Thank goodness that’s not a factor. YOur weekend sounds lovely.

Erin says

Congratulations to Vince! that is fantastic news and you will not have to move! OH YEAH! Now try to relax and hopefully you will not get a ‘cold’; have fun knitting. OH and thank you for the bread recipe! sounds yummy!!! I am going to order that Nine Patch Book! Can’t wait until I get it!!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy says

Congrats to both of you! Lots of people just aren’t cut out for retirement – after a bit of time off, they are ready to go back to work! Sounds like Vince has lots to offer this company, they are lucky to have him!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Deb says

Congratulations to vince and I’m glad you don’t have to move again.

Makes it even nicer, doesn’t it!

julieQ says

Congratulation to you husband for his promotion…and congratulations to you for not having to move your stash…

Hot lemon tea…?

Sally says

Can’t pass up this opportunity for a huge CONGRATULATIONS!! I know how much this means to you and I couldn’t be more thrilled for you!
    I’m praying for “forever” for you.
    *whew* Whatta relief!