Santa Top is Done

This quilt really needs a new name. Santa on Speed isn’t good! I like this quilt too much for it to have a name like that. Anyone know of an appropriate name? Speaking of Santa’s Little Helpers, look at Chad on top of that stack holding the quilt for me! Remember when he and his buddies built a canoe? Then they decided to build a pontoon boat and this is as far as it’s gotten. It’s in three pieces and somehow, I foresee that this one will eventually become a bonfire.

Back to the quilt. Not sure what I think about all the little Santas dancing around the border. The background may be too white but the fabric that appears pink in the picture is actually white with red microdots. I’m going to quilt it after I quilt the pink quilt and this one could be on my bed by the time Santa arrives!

E-mail Me!

Comments

Evelyn aka Starfishy says

Speedy Santa? Green Candy Cane? Evergreen Christmas? Whatever name you pick – it sure is a lovely top!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Anonymous says

Love the quilt.

What about Speeding Towards Christmas. It sort of has the Santa on speed feel.

Cindy

Lynn Douglass says

Santa on Speed! LOL! I love the quilt. Very bright, cheery, and lots of fun! Can’t wait to see what name you settle on. πŸ™‚

Perry says

I like the name Santa on Speed…I love it actually. I think you should keep it, and as Carolyn says you can’t change it now!

Beth says

Lovely quilt Judy, I think you named it in your post – “Santa’s Little Helpers”

(although Santa on Speed does have a certain je ne sais quoi to it!)

Anonymous says

it looks to me like Santa’s in town. the green areas look like aerial views of towns to me.

The Calico Cat says

I agree with the two who said that it kind of looks like a town square or walled gardens – so you might want to think about something like that…

“Santa’s Garden”

Nancy says

You must keep “Santa on Speed”. What memories it will conjure up as you snuggle under it. Isn’t it wonderful when our kids are involved enough to name our quilts for us??LOL AND a quilt name is kind of like a middle name, you don’t really use it all that much….

EileenKNY says

Judy,
    Looks like you’re going to have to have a poll for naming this quilt! Personally I like Santa on Speed, but Speeding towards Christmas is good too.
    Whatever you name it, it will always bring a smile to your face.

Marilyn says

How about “Santa is coming to town”? I remember that song. There is a song by that name right? When I was a little girl I remember that that was a promise that I held onto. Your quilt is lovely and will be enjoyed for many years.

Shirley in Stafford va says

How about non winter Santa’s sleigh ride?

Image this:
    Think of how fast Santa has to fly to make it to all the homes.

Santa has to have binoculars to see where the homes are in the hoods.

But one of the elves, replace the end lens with prisms.

So now he sees kaleidoscopes!

Please forgive my child like mind ?

I’m a every day reader but not enough time to blog

Shirley in Stafford va

Karen (Misiz C) says

What a fun, merry quilt! Love that green! Some of the gals have come up with great name suggestions. Can’t wait to hear what your final choice is.

Bingo~Bonnie says

hip, hip Hooray the comments are back! πŸ™‚

The first thing that came to mind when I saw your quilt photo was the song Nora has been singing recently from her Christmas DVD – “Jingle at the Window Tidy Ho!” Your sashings do resemble window panes πŸ™‚

So glad the comments are back, this makes it easy to say a quick hello and also I enjoy clicking on the links to others who post and seeing thier blogs.

Hope your Thanksgving was great. I thought of you several times while driving up to Kentucky….and David and I talked about you and Vince while driving thru Bowling Green… funny b/c we’ve never met but that you come up in our conversation.

Also another thing that made me think of you was that we were lucky that some of the fall leaves were still on the trees going thru TN and it made me determined to finish up my Leaf Season I started last year. I WILL get it done in ’08! πŸ™‚ I really miss seeing the trees change colors so I HAVE to have my quilt done before next fall!

Love from Texas! ~Bonnie

Bingo~Bonnie says

hip, hip Hooray the comments are back! πŸ™‚

Love from Texas! ~Bonnie

Tracy says

I love this quilt! When I saw it I didn’t LOL- I went ooohhhhh- out loud:)

Is it from your Holly Jolly fabric?

As for a name..

I like The Calico Cat’s idea,

Santa’s Garden

:),
    Tracy

Bonnie says

Love it Judy! And I’m so glad you turned your comments back on! I think you should call it Mrs Clause’s lime jello salad.. *L*

Bonnie

Suze says

Here I sit struggling for the right words. What ever you name it “Santa on Speed” will be what you think first when you see it….

Or “Santa in Times Square” No… doesn’t sound right. I am still thinking.

Mrs. Goodneedle says

Well done, Judy! I think the name’s a done deal already. I can’t wait to see it all quilted up and ready for Christmas!