Ice and More Ice

It wouldn’t take much about now to send me and all my quilting paraphernalia packing . . heading south! We still have power but we’re definitely in the minority. The TV station in Joplin is off, some of Vince’s co-workers lost power late this afternoon. The towns around us are mostly without power. More ice is falling as I type. Yesterday my dad e-mailed me their current conditions . . 79 degrees. I called him and told him . . do that again and you’ll find coal in your stocking.

Oops . . lights are flickering ..

E-mail Me!

Comments

Carolyn says

Stay indoors where it’s safe and warm! I hope your power stays on, I can’t imagine being without!

Diane says

Poor Judy! I hope you keep your lights and heat. I feel for you, the first winter we lived up north after moving from Orange TX we had a blizzard that froze everything, even the hot water heater. Three babies, no electricity and DH iced in 20 miles away. But the kids only remember the fact that we made toasted marshmellows on our gas stove. :^)

Anonymous says

I feel for you, Judy! I just hope the storm weakens before it hits here, tomorrow night..

And, just so you know, you can cook lasagna on a grill!

Try to stay warm.

neen

Marianne says

If misery loves company… 18 years ago I had a 3 month old and a house full of guests when our well and pipes froze on Christmas morning while living in Pennsylvania. That meant no showers, no flushing toilets, no running water! Of course, all that’s a distant memory. Today in Florida, we had a high of 84. ;>

Vicky says

Head west! It’s cripsy and beautiful here!

I hope you don’t lose power. That would be awful! Now I’m going to worry about you!

(Big hugs)

Susan says

Oh, I hope you keep your electricity! I am wishing warmth your way! It is *not* 79 in the Phoenix area today!

Lindah says

I’m feelin’ for you, Judy! I don’t like ice either. I don’t know what it is…but it seems like whenever we move out of state, it ends up being the hottest summer or the coldest/iciest winter the old timers can remember!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas complete with lighted tree and moderated weather.

Linda H

Perry says

Hope your lights don’t go out again. We spent the day without power, and I can empathize with you. Ours is now on, and I hope yours is too. Warm Hugs!

deputyswife says

I hope this is all over soon. It was suppose to move in at 6pm tonight, but it still hasn’t arrived yet. We are in the snow/sleet/ice area.

Owens Family Adventures says

Oh Judy! You guys stay warm…this is when you get one of those gorgeous quilts you’ve made and snuggle with your hubby!!! 🙂
    dawn

Karen (Misiz C) says

Oh wow….I’m sitting here watching news reports about the ice storm hitting you and others. I’m hoping you are managing ok. I’m going to stop complaining about our below average temps now. Perspective is a good thing.

Jeanne says

Today would be another good day to bake or sew. We’re getting the sleet now and hope it doesn’t get as bad as the pictures I’ve been seeing of places where the storm has already been. Stay safe and warm, Judy!

Erin says

Judy I am praying you are ok there..it is a worry..we were covered here in ice yesterday but no power loss. Yet 15 miles away they were ok. I hope you are safe, warm and family and friends are ok.and Speck can go pee pee!!!