Happy Birthday Chad!

My sweet son turns 20 today. How on earth did this time pass so quickly? Seems like just yesterday we brought him home and I had to learn to change diapers and make bottles. I’m very proud to see the young man Chad has grown into – with his own views and positions about life, but I surely miss that little boy I used to have running around the house in Batman pajamas.

I’ve made all his favorite foods for tonight – shrimp dip, gumbo for dinner, and chocolate cake.

The police still haven’t made contact with the guy who hit Chad’s car. The man apparently lives in Lamar and it sounds like they have an absolute mess down there with all the ice and no power so I’m encouraging Chad to be patient. I suppose if the Nevada police aren’t able to find the guy, Chad and Vince will take a copy of the police report to the Lamar police or Barton County Sheriff and see what they can do about finding him but they’ll wait til the frenzy is over and the power is restored. Chad is chomping at the bit to get his car fixed NOW.

We closed on the lot behind us yesterday so it’s officially ours now. I’m hoping the contractor begins work soon but it’s been over 2 weeks since he was going to give us the estimate for all the work and we haven’t heard a word from him. Ughhh!

Now that the food is done and the cake is mostly done, I’m going to quilt.

E-mail Me!

Comments

Carolyn says

What is it with boys and their cars? My son was hit on Friday, but it was his fault…he should have stayed out of the way! Luckily, less the deductible, the insurance will take care of it and it’s going in tomorrow.

I hope Chad has a wonderful birthday! And congratulations on the quilt win!

Jeanne says

Happy Birthday to Chad! They do grow up too quickly. It sounds like a hectic time down there – lots going on. It’s a beautiful quilt that you quilted on the previous post. You do such nice work.

Karen (Misiz C) says

Sending best wishes to Chad for a wonderful birthday!

Funny….My oldest DD will be 20 in 3 months and she loves anything with shrimp…especially gumbo. She’s really getting good at making it too. LOL…sounds like they would have a lot in common.

SandyQuilts says

Happy Birthday Chad … sorry about the mishap. I hope you can get it resolved.

My GD#1 (15) just got her drivers permit … look out.

Tanya says

Happy Birthday Chad! That’s sort of unusual way to welcome a birthday (a hit and run!) but it is one you’ll remember forever!

Marianne says

I never really got that cliche about them growing up quickly until I had one of my own. Boy, do they ever! The years just fly by. I don’t know what I’ll do without her when she goes off to college next Fall.

Hope you had a Great Birthday, Chad!

Judy, be sure to let us know how the new cake recipe tasted. It sure looked yummy! I have a massive sweet tooth.

Vicky says

Happy Birthday, Chad!! You make us all proud!

Judy, when I turn 20 will you make gumbo for me? ILY

dee says

Happy birthday to your son! Those memories are so sweet. James is 23 now but I can remember when he turned 18- you just can’t figure out how the time can zoom by like that. The birthday dinner sounds wonderful!
    Glad to hear you survived the mess down there.

atet says

Happy birthday to your “baby” boy! (I’m sure he LOVES hearing that) The car thing is an “ouch” but insurance should cover it :0). Glad to hear you are weathering the ice storms and are warm and dry!

Erin says

Best wishes to Chad, and to you and your hubby! You have a wonderful son! Enjoy your fantastic meal and cake! sorry to hear about Chad’s car!

Belém says

I understand you so well! Happy birthday to Chad, I’m sure he had the best diner he could dream 🙂