Santa is DONE!

Last night about 8:00, Vince was watching an interesting story on The History Channel about Disneyworld and I grabbed this quilt and sat down to work on the binding and watch the show with him. Shortly after midnight, it was finished. It’s kinda bright but I love it!

This quilt resulted from having found this fabric at Block by Block in Carthage, MO while doing a book signing back in September. The fabric is part of the Peppermint Christmas line by Red Rooster.

Then I found this border print at The Christmas Cloth Store while shopping on the internet.

That’s what I cut up and used for the outer border.

The quilt is about 90″ x 90″ as I recall and I’m so happy to have it finished and have at least one new Christmas quilt on a bed this year.

E-mail Me!

Comments

Jeanne says

One is better than none, Judy! It’s a beautiful quilt. I love that bright green fabric, too. Merry Christmas!

Vicki W says

Congratulations! It’s so bright and happy it will make any guest happy to spend Christmas in your home – that is if that elaborate menu plan doesn’t have them already moving in for the winter.

Evelyn aka Starfishy says

I love it! I think it was Vicky who said last year that one of her goals was to have more “fun” with quilting and for some reason that has stuck with me – why are we sometimes so serious about our quilts? I’ve been adding “fun” bits and pieces to my quilts this past year. Last year I probably would not have considered that fabric or border fabric, but I look at things differently now. Why not!? Don’t get me wrong, I still love the “serious” quilts, but with so much FUN fabric out there – it is nice to find a creative way to work them into our quilts!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Loretta says

Judy, the quilt is beautiful, and I really appreciate you letting us know the designer of the pantograph.
    I made a christmas quilt this month, and it will be given to my oldest daughter this weekend at our family party as a surprise gift.
    Merry Christmas from south Louisiana where the temperature is back to 70.

Calidore says

Congratulations Judy. The quilt looks wonderful. Have a fantastic holiday with your family and enjoy the time together. Merry Christmas to you all.

Nadine says

Oh, Judy, this is one of the most beautiful Xmas quilt I’ve ever seen ! So bright, joyful and inviting !
    THANKS for showing !

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope your parents arrive safe. Enjoy !

((HUGS)) and smiles from my little corner of the world …
    NADINE

Lazy Gal Tonya says

I’ve been sooo good this year not buying any new Christmas fabric, but now you’ve done it. I LOVE that Peppermint Christmas santas fabric – soooo cute. and the border fabric is great too. great quilt for the holidays. Merry Christmas, Judy.