Almost Christmas Eve Report

Mom and Dad arrived in time for dinner on Friday night. I had talked to them fairly early in the day and knew they were in mom’s car so I was confident there was no lamb making the trip with them. It’s funny at the difference in the way we travel. When I drive home from here, I load up the cooler with water and Dr. Pepper, bring along chips, peanut butter crackers, Special K bars and I don’t stop! When I have to get gas, I get the pumps running, then I run in and visit the restroom and get back to the car in time to put the pump away and hit the road again. Not my parents! They left home early in the morning, and went by their camp “just to check on things”. Then they stopped somewhere for breakfast! I talked to them about 11:30 and they were near McAlester, OK. I talked to them about 2:00 and they were leaving McAlester. Wait a minute! That town isn’t so big that it takes 2-1/2 hours to get through. My dad would cross the U. S. for a Western Sizzlin . They no longer have one in Lake Charles and they saw one in McAlester and had to stop. Then Dad went to put gas in the car and somehow he couldn’t get the keyless ignition thing to work and they had to call Nissan. He hates Mom’s car anyway so I’m sure that was a pleasant experience. But, they made it and that’s all that really matters.

They were so hoping to see snow and we got just a little last night. They were excited! Dad had to call his friend and tell him, then we had to send a picture of the snow to Fred.

For those who had asked to see Santa on Speed (SOS) on the bed, here it is. I love this quilt. Everytime I walk by the bedroom and see it, I smile. The quilt ended up being right at 90″ x 90″ and I think that’s a perfect size for my queen bed. I don’t use the pillow flap so this will be the size I aim for with future quilts for queen beds. You’ve probably noticed that the wall hanging nor the quilt match the bedroom. Darned wall paper border! But, the wall hanging is one that my friend, Eve, made for me several years ago. It’s Eve and me on a bridge and Eve told me to take the little wall hanging with me when I cross bridges and think of her and she’ll help me across. Sorry, Eve, I think it’s going to take more than that. Maybe if Eve would make me a whole quilt . . 🙂

E-mail Me!

Comments

Perry says

Glad your folks arrived safely. They look very contented. And I love your Christmas quilt! Very cheery. No wonder you smile when you walk by it. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

deputyswife says

I had to laugh about them excited about snow. We got four inches last night, boy they would be really dancing if they saw this stuff!

The quilt looks wonderful on the bed! I think I will need to make on for the holidays for my bed.

Have a Merry Christmas Judy!

Marianne says

Glad to see your parents arrived lamb-less, but I think you secretly really want one! LOL

And I want to wish you, your family and all your “blogees” a very Merry Christmas.

Susan says

Your folks look comfortably ensconced. =) I think that was a sneaky way to suggest she make you a quilt. LOL! I love the brightness that quilt adds. It looks great on the bed!

zizzybob says

What a great picture of Mom & Dad. They look so relaxed and at ease. Treasure them.
    I didn’t really like the SOS when I first saw it. But it has grown on me and so have the colors. I would put that on my queen size bed anytime you get tired of it.
    It is about 85 degrees here in South Florida. Snow would be a big deal to me too.
    Have a great Holiday.

Carol says

Glad your folks got there safe and sound and without the lamb. Santa on Speed is just wonderful. It is truly a happy quilt.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family…ENJOY!

Bon says

Glad your folks got there safe and sound. I love the wallhanging. Dibbies if you ever get tired of it. The SOS is really cool too. I’d put dibbies on that too except it would be really big for my bed. Have a great time with your folks. Merry Christmas.

Randi says

The quilt looks great on the bed! Enjoy your time with your parents. I take it there was no lamb arriving with them? 🙂 Mine are going to come spend Christmas day with us. I’m looking forward to it. Merry Christmas!!

Owens Family Adventures says

I am so glad that your folks decided to come for a visit!!! I’ll be thinking about you!
    dawn

Erin says

I am glad your parents made it safely! Your quilt is gorgeous and I love the room all decorated!
    Happy Holidays!

Vicky says

No lamb? Darn! I was all ready to recite, “Judy had a little lamb…”

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Give Mom and Dad a hug for me! And Speck sends one from Daisy dog! (Hugs)

Tracy says

The quilt looks beautiful on the bed, I didn’t notice the border or wall hangin until you said something:) Now worries!

I love the picture of your parents, the light is wonderful. I must say, I like to travel with little adventures on the way too. 🙂 Merry Christmas, thanks for your lovely blog. I love reading it.

Karen says

Oh, to be able to lead life so leisurely as your folks. That’s a nice photograph of them.

Merry Christmas, Judy!