Quilting for Mom

Mom brought two quilts with her to be quilted. Lucky for me, I had my poinsettia quilt on the machine but hadn’t started quilting on it yet so .. what’s a girl to do but quilt her own quilt? Got that done and then I loaded Mom’s quilts and got those quilted for her. This one is just squares but she’s going to applique leaves on it now that it’s quilted. I did a panto on it — Fly Away I think but I need to check it — can’t remember.

Mom bought a kit for this quilt. I did the Feather Me panto on it.

And, here are the socks I made for Dad for Christmas. He’s already worn them and they fit .. which is always nice!

Vince also got socks — actually one sock — for Christmas. I have to finish knitting the second sock for him. I ran out of time before I got those finished!

E-mail Me!

Comments

mereth says

Hope you had a great
    Christmas Judy, it must be lovely having the family around.
    It’s nice to know the pattern’s getting some use- I’ve used it on a few of my tops and I’m pleased with it. And your Dad’s socks look gorgeous, I love that subtle sort of blending.
    Make the most of the cold weather,it’s really going to heat up in Australia from now on!

Vicki W says

Sounds like you and your Mom had a great Christmas! We are both lucky to be able to share our hobby with our Moms.

Deb says

You’ve been a bust girl! It all looks great! It is nice to share the love of quilting with your Mom (or sister) isn’ it!

Vicky says

Mom’s quilts are wonderful! Can’t wait to see your poinsettia, too! And thank you again for my socks! I love them!! (Hugs)

julieQ says

Judy!! wow, you get a lot done in a hurry!! I love the socks for your Dad, and how neat that he has already worn them. Youmom is lucky to get her tops quilted by her own daughter! I bet she really appreciates it so much.

Hope you had a blessed Christmas day!!

JulieQ

Ila says

Tell Vince a single sock gift is a special promise of love… you’ll be around to give it a mate! ;o) So it’s not late, really…

(Sounds better than “I ran out of time”)

The quilts are sweet!

Owens Family Adventures says

I’m so glad you’re enjoing your time with your mom and dad!!!
    Merry Christmas,
    dawn

Kucki68 says

I finished MIL’s sock on the morning of Christmas Eve when I wanted to gift it. Cutting it closer than I like.

Shellie says

I love the colors in your mom’s quilts. They’re very pretty.

Love the socks too! Looks like you’re making it through that yarn stash, slowly but surely.