The Sunday Stash Report

I’ve heard from quite a few who do not have big stashes and don’t feel that stash busting is truly a big priority but yet they want to do more from their stashes but may still need to do a bit of stash enhancing too. How about if we just have a “Sunday Report”. We can include our stash busting efforts, any purchases we want to share, and maybe just a report on what we accomplished during the week. Does that sound ok?

What I don’t want is for this to be a competition type thing. I don’t want anyone to feel inadequate with their accomplishments. Please keep in mind there are those of us who don’t work outside the home, have grown or almost grown children, have our own longarm and we should be doing more than those who have 9 – 5 jobs, small children, children involved in lots of activities, etc.

Last week I totally forgot about the Sunday Report but I’ll do one tomorrow. Remember . . January 1 and the New Year are right around the corner. I’m going to get more done in 2008 than in 2007 and I’m going to buy less fabric and use more of the stash. Who’s in this with me??

E-mail Me!

Comments

Vicky says

I’m just competing with myself! And that’s the toughest competitor I could have! LOL. I’m still finishing up bindings, so nothing to report this week – maybe I could add up the yardage for the monster! šŸ™‚ šŸ™‚

Beth says

I’m in…I have already posted a new dry erase board with ongoing projects: what is on the frame,what I’m piecing, my leaders/enders project, and what I’m cutting. I think I will add the next UFO to work on to. That may get me excited to complete something!

Patti says

I’m in it with you – even though I’ve yet to do a Sunday report. Today I did a 2007 report, and I know I’ll have nothing to report tomorrow. Just wait until next Sunday however!

Randi says

I think this is a great idea, Judy. Are you still going to use Mr. Linky? I like Mr. Linky, as he helps me find my way to everyone else’s reports.

Marianne says

I’m trying to be in… my husband usually consults my daughter about Xmas gifts but this year he went out by himself and got me a $400 gift certificate to a LQS (not even my favorite one) I feel like I just took a giant step backwards.

Jeanne says

Judy, couldn’t find Mr. Linky this time to add my post info. No new fabric entered my house last week, although I had temptations. Happy New Year!

doni says

I’m in Judy! I’ve been in Portland OR since 12/21 – we go home 1/2. And I love being with the kids – but I have to admit, I miss my sewing room too! No stash busting on vacation. :> But I’ve been in 2 quilt shops and haven’t bought any fabric for me! That’s new!

Happy New Year!