Stash Report

Let the Stashbusting begin! The New Year is upon us! Are you going to make a dent in your stash in 2008? Are you going to finish UFO’s in 2008? Will you share your progress with us?

As mentioned yesterday, our “Sunday Report” will be a place for you to post your weekly progress for stash busting, stash enhancing (though that isn’t encouraged!), UFO completions, etc. Whatever you did this week that you want to share with fellow quilters in blogland, put it in a report on your blog and link up with us.

By adding your link to Mr. Linky below, other quilters can quickly get to all of our reports.

We’re not posting our reports to make anyone look bad, make ourselves look better but simply to encourage each other, get ideas and maybe hold ourselves accountable to our blog buddies.

Here’s how you add your link in the Mr. Linky box below:

1. Make your own blog report.
  2. Go back to that entry, and either click on the title so that it takes you directly to that blog post or right click on the time of day of that post. Copy the link to that direct post (not to your entire blog).
  3. Post that info, along with your name or however you want yourself to be recognized, into the Mr. Linky box.

For my stashbusting report for this week, I would post my link as http://judylaquidara.blogspot.com/2007/12/sunday-report.html . . not as http://judylaquidara.blogspot.com.

Let’s read what others are doing and let’s encourage and help each other along the way. Just think, in 12 short months, we may all be actually needing to buy fabric! OK . . maybe it will be 24 or 36 months for some of us but we have to start somewhere!

E-mail Me!

Tell us about your efforts this week by putting your link in the Mr. Linky box!

Comments

Vicki W says

“Just think, in 12 short months, we may all be actually needing to buy fabric!”

ROFLOL! Please let me live in your world! 12 YEARS maybe!

Really, I agree with you. It’s not a contest. For me it’s jsut a matter of getting some perspective on what I buy and knowing WHY I buy it. I’m glad you organized this.

Patti says

OK – I did it!

Echoing Vicki’s comment – at least ten fold. Maybe in 120 years LOL!

Though I did buy some fabric yesterday – 15 yards in fact. Definitely something I needed however. All we pieces of Shadow Play, Moda Marbles, or something similar to use for borders on string, crumb and crumb chaos quilts. I used up everything I had so needed more. I’ll include that info in next week’s report.

Beth says

I like seeing what I have done in PRINT! Maybe I will write down in a log, what I post on the blog. That way I can see my progress in one place at the end of the year.

Randi says

I just think this is great fun and love seeing what everyone is doing with their stash, large or small. I did a Sunday report last week, too, so I went ahead and “Mr. Linky’d” it on this week, too. Maybe that will help make up for buying 20 yds of neutrals this week…lol.

Erin says

I will do it! I need some sense of figuring out what I am doing! Plus I read your blog and everyone else’s! I love it! thanks Judy!!!!

KathySWFL says

Judy, I love this idea….sure hoping I will be able to do alot of stash busting this coming year. I do think it will take longer than 1 year to bust my stash…LOL

HUGS
    Kathy

Steph says

Ok! I did my confessing now I am ready to get down to business! This is going to be an exciting year of creating with what I have in the cupboards,cabinets, and baskets!

Sherry says

Well, I’ve posted my progress. . .although it seems that lately I’m busting more yarn stash than fabric stash! But I haven’t purchased any fabric since November 1st which is a major accomplisment.

Keep up the good work. . .and the encouragement!

Sherry

Sherry says

Keep up the good work. . .and the encouragement!

Sherry