2007 Wrap Up

2007 has been a good year and I think we’ll remember it as having been one of our best years. I didn’t keep up with the number of quilts I quilted for others or the number of quilts I made on my own, but I plan to do a better job of that in 2008.

The move to Missouri was a good move. My quilting has opened some exciting doors for me, with the book coming out in late July and then my brief job as a fabric rep.

We bought the land behind us so hopefully Vince can have his shop. Chad is doing good in school and I’ve seen an amazing amount of maturity in the last year. I’m not saying he’s totally mature but I’ve seen great progress and am feeling better about my parenting skills . . knock on wood!

From what I’m guessing, 2008 will be an even better year and I can’t wait to see what the New Year has in store for us. We may have even more excitement in 2008 than we had in 2007. Is that possible?

My wish for all my blog readers is for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2008. Please try to concentrate on the positives. When the sad or bad things happen, please share your burdens with friends you trust and surround yourselves with quilting projects but . . do not buy fabric!

E-mail Me!

Comments

Vicky says

Happy New Year, Judy! I wish for you a wonderful year. Maybe your travels will bring you my way!! Thank you for your constant inspiration, and your friendship! ILY

Marilyn says

Happy New Year! Thanks for all the inspiration this year. I love the border on your poinsetta quilt. Is it your original pattern? Did you know that the number eight means new beginnings? Here’s to you–new beginnings in 2008.

CONNIE W says

Judy, I can’t remember how many years ago we met but it’s been a while…I miss having lunch at the tearoom (no longer there). 🙁
    I was wondering about your fabric rep job. I hope that things are great for you in 2008. Maybe I’ll see you in Paducah again. 🙂
    cw

Perry says

Happy New Year Judy! I think reading your blog has stuck with me. I have managed to not buy any fabric the whole month of December. Are you impressed? I am, especially with all of the sales going on.

cindyquiltsOR says

Man o Man!

Tell me the solution to: I stop to get a trim piece and end up with $25 of sales fabric!

Starfishy started it this time, I decided everyone needed new neck warmers!

Best Wishes!
    Cindy

mreteveian says

Thanks for all the inspiration in 2007, – and the push to keep records of what to (not) buy and use from stash in the future/ 2008!
    The best to you and your family!

wendysquilting says

Happy New Year to you too Judy!!
    I can’t promise not to buy anymore fabric though..too scared the quilt shops might go out of business. Seriously though I was pretty well behaved in 07 I made more quilts than I bought fabric for.