How Much is Too Much?

Vince gave us our new insurance cards today and asked us to cut up the old ones. I cut mine into 4 pieces, threw two pieces in the trash and will throw two more in the trash next week. Chad took his card downstairs to cut it up. When I came down to sew, he asked me if he had cut his card up enough! I almost busted out laughing. He said if that isn’t enough, I think I can cut it up more.

Last night, we had horrible storms here and ran down to the basement several times between midnight and 2 a.m. when the tornado sirens went off. I don’t think anyone in southwest MO got enough sleep last night so once again, I took a long nap this afternoon.

Tomorrow Chad has something to do at school all day (he’s in between semesters now and at home most days) and Vince has a lunch meeting so he will be gone all day. I have food out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow night . . a full day of sewing for me . . after a very early morning trip to the Y . . I hope!

E-mail Me!

Comments

Perry says

I heard on the news that Missouri was hard hit and I wondered how you had fared. Good to hear you’ll are ok. Don’t look forward to the normal tornado season here this year. The weather has been so crazy one never knows if it will be mild or not.

Mary says

My shredder has a slot for credit cards and such…so mine would get cut up even tinier except for some reason I keep the old cards. I’m sure if I shredded it, I’d need it for some reason.

jillquilts says

Good luck getting a full day of sewing in! I am jealous! We had some pretty big storms last night and luckily there was no damage to my house, but some others in the area had big trees down.

Anonymous says

that’s one thing on my list to get this year is a shredder! My old papers are taking up shelf space that could be used to store quilts, so i think that’s reason enough to make the purchase, LOL
    pdudgeon

Vicky says

Oh, man, I think I would totally freak if I heard a tornado siren! I can’t even imagine going to the basement and just waiting. Stay safe!

Erin says

wow I cannot imagine hearing tornado sirens here in the northeast! I would pee my pants to be honest with you! I am so glad you are ok! Isn’t Chad funny! I hope you have fun sewing!

Mrs. Goodneedle says

Chad could become a document shredder on the side; funny. Glad you’re OK the weather’s been the weirdest.

Marianne says

Be thankful you have a basement. We lived in Memphis for 5 years where virtually no one has a basement. We did have a deep closet under the stairs that we went in. I agree, it is very nerve wracking. I thought when we moved to Florida, all that was past. Little did I know, hurricanes spawn tornadoes!

Deb says

I don’t know how you stay sane with those tornadoes! I’d be a wreck all the time. I’ll take our hurricanes anyday! AT least we have plenty of warning and prep time.

Susan says

I heard about the huge number of tornadoes because of warm air from the south. I was thinking I would just sleep in my basement or shelter!

Hope you sewed your heart out . . . and napped, if you needed it!

Bingo~Bonnie says

LOL!! Funny, I don’t usually worry to much about insurance fraud and just cut them once and put halfs in different garbage bags too… No one’s gonnal steal Chad’s idenity that is for sure! 🙂

Good thing you have a sence of humor too, b/c if I had seen that cut up on my cutting mat, my first reaction would be to accuse him of using my rotary cutter! However the blade I currently have is about dead, so it wouldn’t be such a loss. 😉

By the way we had your Creamy Chicken Soup last night for supper and it was just as good as the first time a few months ago! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your recipe. This time I got adventrous and put in a teapoon of Southwestern Seasoning that I got from Pampered Chef…. and it was good!

Love from Texas! ~Bonnie