Sunday Stash Report

Here we are at Sunday again . . our last report for January. How did you do? For those of you who have been keeping track or can make a good guess, would you put your total yardage used this month and I’m going to add it up to see how many yards are reported as having been busted.

If you don’t have a clue and don’t want to guess, that’s fine too . . don’t worry about it.

How are you doing as far as temptation? Do you feel good about what you’re doing? Have you given up already on busting the stash and don’t want to keep doing it?

I think every January for the past 10 years, I’ve vowed to bust the stash and never made it past about January 3 but I’m really happy about how I’m doing this year. When the time is right, you also can do it so if you’ve lost your momentum and are no longer in the mood to bust the stash, that just means the time isn’t right for you. Don’t beat yourself up about it .. just keep on quilting!

Comments

Pat says

Judy,

I’m new to blogging and I’m just learning. Haven’t busted very much stash but hope keeping up with a blog will motivate me to use my stash. Thanks for all your inspiration!

Karen (Misiz C) says

I’m committed to using up some stash and not adding new but am not putting pressure on myself by setting specific goals. I know I’m basically a tortoise. Slow and steady… it WILL happen. Thanks for the reminder to keep this fun.

Alison says

ok, couldn’t put my exact page address in b/c my computer didn’t want to reload the page for some reason. but its the most recent today.

Kim says

I didn’t finish much more than blocks this week. More importantly I reorganized part of the sewing area so I’m not tripping on containers 🙂

Anonymous says

my additions outweigh my busting so far. I think that will change in February as i start to work on larger quilts and get my new quilting frame.

pdudgeon

Sherry says

Hi Judy, haven’t busted all that much stash so far this year, but I did clean up the basement quite a bit & now have a designated sewing area. . . a MAJOR improvement in getting to a stash busting frame of mind.

Sherry

mreteveian says

I don’t feel as if I’m busting my stash big time right now, but I’m not buying any fabric, so that feels good!

Beth says

I forgot to post stash busting till Monday…and to put it in Mr Linky till TODAY (Tuesday) SHEESH!

Mary says

I’m doing well with using stash but I did get a couple backings. Most of the time I piece them from stash but I have two special quilts that I wanted specific backs for.

I don’t count my stash used until the quilt is finished – for January I’m up to 31.5 yards – probably more if you count the postcards but that’s more trouble than it’s worth.