If I had a theme for this week, it would have to be Wastin’ Time. I have so much sewing to get done, deadlines that must be met, projects that must be done and I just can’t get it in gear. I haven’t been sick, haven’t felt bad, but I seem to have no energy. Too much time has been spent sitting in the recliner and I just never do that. Not only are things not getting done but Speck has gotten very spoiled. When I get up, he follows me around whining and all he wants is for me to come sit in the chair with him. I can’t stand a whining kid or a whining dog!
I’m going to blame my yarn buying frenzy on Ravelry and Samantha. Since I’ve been sitting in the recline, I’ve been looking at all the projects and new yarn on Ravelry. I know . . I’m weak but I’ve spent hours looking at all the online yarn shops. There’s an ad at the bottom of almost every page and I click on them. Note to Self: Stop clicking on those ads!
Oh, yes . . since I’m not accepting any responsibility for this buying frenzy, I’m also going to blame the Sock Madness group. OK .. I feel better. Everyone responsible for this yarn buying incident has been blamed (except for me, of course!).
Here’s what I did.
- For the Sock Madness, one of the rounds will require lace weight, which will be doubled. I had no lace weight at all so I ordered this. It’s from Fearless Fiber and a merino lace weight. This color is Daydream and I needed 2 skeins.
- Then I realized I actually need one skein that is a bit different in color from the other color I’m using so I had to order this, also from Fearless Fiber. This color is Feeling Blue (and I “borrowed” the picture from Fearless Fiber because I just ordered my yarn today).
- And, heck, while I was at Fearless Fiber, I decided to get this gorgeous merino sock yarn.
- And, everyone on Ravelry kept talking about a yarn shop called Eat, Sleep, Knit so I went there and ordered 8 skeins of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock yarn (4 colors but it takes 2 of each to make a pair of socks). I got the following colors: Tuscany, Camouflage, Watercolor and Black Purl.
- Then, Samantha mentioned that Jimmy Bean’s Wool has a great price on Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock — something about the dye/color not being quite right but for the price, they’ll be just fine! There I ordered 2 of each of the following colors: Sherbet, Somerset, Child’s Play, Amethyst Stripe, Baltic Sea, Ice House, Devon, Envy, and Georgetown.
Just so you don’t think I’m only shopping, I did finish one sock last night.
And, I have this sock that’s finished. It’s made from a neat yarn – 46% bamboo, 43% wool and 11% nylon.
Now . . stop talking to me . . I must go knit! 🙂