Stashbusting Report

When we started off in January, we sometimes had reports from 20 or more who were stashbusting. Now we’re down to 10+ consistent reports. What happened to you all? Did you decide you no longer need to bust the stash? πŸ™

Did you totally bust the stash? πŸ™‚

Did you give up .. because you’ve fallen off the wagon and can no longer bear to look at your figures?

We’re quilters! We’re not quitters! Unless you’ve busted the entire stash, or lost the desire to stashbust, don’t let that New Year’s commitment slip away. We still have 8-1/2 months left in 2008.

Use the stash, quilters! Share with us your results.

Remember my friend/hostess from my teaching trip last week? Well, here’s the kind of friend she turned out to be! One of the ladies in the class was using some of the “12 Days of Christmas” line from Benartex. The green in that line is a lovely, yummy, to-die-for, subtle shade of lime green. Oh, I wanted some of that fabric! The shop owner just happened to be in my class and was trying to figure out how to get me away from class and to the shop. Nope, couldn’t do that! So, my new friend offered to go to the shop, bring back fat quarters from each piece in the line, then go back to the shop and get the yardage for me. What a friend, huh? πŸ™‚

So, here’s what came home with me.

dsc04064.JPG

I’ve used fabric for the backing for pink Topsy Turvy Nine Patch, binding for TTNP, and strips for the log cabin blocks – a total of 8.25 yards. Barely came out ahead but I did!

Fabric Added This Week – 7 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date – 60 yards

Fabric Used This Week – 8.25 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date – 89.0 yards

Net year to date: 29.00 yards used

Share your reports with us!Β  We’ll help celebrate your victories and mourn your losses!

Comments

Hang onto that friend! She’s a keeper! Your weekly reports have been great! You’re such an inspiration!

I’m going to stick with the stashbusting program this year, even though I’m in the negative now. I want to be way ahead by year’s end, so I need to get busy!

I didn’t report for a while… cuz I wasn’t doing anything! It’s like for the entire month of March, I simply wasn’t a quilter. πŸ˜› But I got my machine back Friday, quilted, put on the binding of a quilt yesterday……… and also added 2.5 yards of fabric to my stash. And it’s SO pretty. Not too bad for 1/4th of the year. πŸ™‚ Will blog about it later, as I have to get ready for church right now.

pdudgeon says

yep, i’m still busting stash!

no fabric added for the week.
    YTD fabric added: 33 yards 28 inches
    fabric busted this week: 5 yards 13 inches
    YTD fabric busted: 55 yards 17 inches.

YTD reduction in stash: 21 yards 25 inches.

Marianne says

Tryin’ to catch up with the log cabin blocks. I need 12 by day’s end, 8 to go. How you doing Judy?

Love that red/rust that’s new! Yummy!

I haven’t fallen off the wagon but have been super busy with coursework. One thing good about that is that I haven’t had time to go fabric shopping!

I’m still here too – Not a single thing to report this week unless you count packing stash and I really haven’t even done that…I’m just getting ready for the movers.

I can finally move in my sewing room again so I hope to finish a postcard and assemble the rest of the log cabin top this week. I left out thread for both of them!

I havent’ been posting because there has been absolutely nothing to post. We have been spending all our spare time trying to repair damage done to our apartment by former tenants so we can get it re-rented. I’m going to be busting again hopefully starting next weekend. I put the final coat of paint on the floors yesterday so other than some touchup I think my time will be come my own again. :cD

I don’t post every week, because some weeks I don’t quilt or I don’t do enought to post about… Like the applique that I have been doing at night.

I don’t have time for sewing these days. I haven’t bought any fabric, though. And I’m not real sure on how to count what I have used.

Hugs,
    Melinda

pdudgeon says

i just realized last night that all this busting is having an effect on my stash! I just pulled my largest piece of yardage to use as a backing. when that is done, I will be down to yardage of 2 yards or less as a whole piece. Oh my!