Quiltathon

Did anyone notice that this weekend is another Quiltathon?  Well, I did!

If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to start thinking about getting your weekend chores done early, get a jump start on food preparations for the weekend.

Sit your husbands down in front of the TV with chips, dip and a soda or two and leave them to watch the Masters Golf Tournament all weekend while you sew!

My plan is to finish up the projects I started at the Arkansas Retreat a few weeks ago.  If I get that done, I’ll work on log cabin blocks.  I don’t think I’ll run out of things to do.

I have been so lucky this week with food preparations.

Monday (last night) – chicken casserole, broccoli & rice casserole.  Made those yesterday and that was the extent of my Monday cooking.

Tuesday (today) – DH is out of town so Chad and I will find something in the fridge.

Wednesday – I’m out of town.

Thursday – I’m out of town and get home just in time for a guild meeting.

Friday – Business dinner out.

I can’t remember the last time I had only one meal to prepare for the whole week.

My plans for the meals this weekend:

Saturday – Steak (on the grill), baked potatoes and salad – no mess in the kitchen.

Sunday – Spaghetti & meatballs (sauce and meatballs already made and in the freezer), salad and crusty bread.

Unless something totally unforeseen happens, I’ll have two full days to sew!  What about you?

Comments

I’m going to try to clear out some time as well. I’ve got a few UFOs that need attention. Thanks for the inspiration!

This may work for me this week end. My husband will be camping fri-sat, I’ll dedicate friday and saturday to finish my newest grandson, due in June, quilt. Saturday evening is a fundraiser…so I also get to help my son’s make 2 cakes for the cake auction.

I’m in. I want to get all the blocks made for the Patchwork Party quilt by Sunday night! A lofty goal, I know, but I’m going to try!

I work Saturday, but I’ll be quilting on Sunday. I’ll be working on the 30s repros quilt, the Orange Crush, and the wonky log cabins.

I’ve already started cutting some things out so I can be ready to sew. I plan to work on my Star Crossing scrap quilt, make some more little bags that are on my blog, and start working on another quilt for our quilt show. It will be fun!

Oh yeah! I don’t have any other plans this weekend so I’m going to quilt along with everyone else. I’ve been itching to finish up a couple of small projects. Sweetie doesn’t care for golf but there is enough NASCAR on TV that he’ll be just fine!