Monday Rambles

Net Stash Reduction Goal for 2008 – 150 yards
Net Used to Date – 26 yards
Net Yards To Go – 124 yards

I’m going to keep my stash totals at the top of all my posts til I reach my goal. I sometimes play little competition games with myself. I was thinking about making a deal with me that in 2009, I can buy half as much fabric as my 2008 net use. That means if I do use 150 yards in 2008, I can buy only 75 yards in 2009. I haven’t committed to that idea yet . . just thinking about it.

Chad had a cold and I now have it. I don’t usually catch things but I feel pretty bad with this. At least I’ll get it over with (hopefully) before I leave for Paducah so I’ll feel all good and energetic while there. Signing all those credit card tickets takes a lot of stamina!

Our guild sends quilts to some of the National Guard troops who go somewhere. Oh, goodness . . I shouldn’t even mention something when I don’t know all the details. I don’t know if it’s just local men or women or if it’s all the men and women sent from Camp Clark. Well, I do know the important stuff. The guild needs quilts and they need to be somewhere between 50″ x 60″ and 60″ x 70″. I have a ton of quilts here at the almost finished stage but just a few of them really fit into that size range. Here’s one I came up with and I’m starting to work on this afternoon. I’m also going to put the little partial quarter square triangles at the end of the darker rows of sashing but I was too lazy to draw those in.

hug1.jpg

When I first switched over to WordPress, I never could get the settings to where the comments would be mailed to me. I asked for help and tried everything I was told but nothing worked. I gave up on responding to all the comments so you probably all thought I was rude! But, over the weekend, I upgraded WordPress (still not to the most recent version) and was very happy when the first comment showed up in my e-mail account. Little things like that just make me so happy!

I’m off to start on the new quilt and use up some yardage! πŸ™‚

Comments

That’s a very nice design. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about the stash busting. Guess I’ll just start from now and keep a running total. I still have my heartstrings challenge blocks to complete. Thanks for keeping up with stash busting and everything else you do for us…..you spur me onto to good things. πŸ™‚

Gail says

My goodness, you are so very creative. I really like this design. It has depth – feels like I’m looking at 3 layers.

I like that design. Hope you feel better soon! You’re right, it takes tons of energy to sign those credit card slips…and I’m REALLY good at it..LOL!

Love your quilt, the alternating background adds so much! I have made quilting a line item in the monthly budget at our house. And when the budget is spent for the month, that is it! And it is not too much, but it helps control what I do and still let me enjoy a little bit…

I should run do my weekly stash report except I don’t have much to report. I did finish the log cabin top and those blocks were from my leftover strips and strings but I’d hoped to have used more this year too. I’ve gotten lots of tops for HeartStrings quilted and finished but that doesn’t use up MY stash, esp. when they send the backing too.

Anna says

Judy,
    What a lovely design – I will forward to seeing it as you complete it. You always make such lovely quilts- this promises to be another wonderful quilt.

I hope you are feeling better soon- the cold seems to be well travelled and can be quite miserable . I hope you get rid of it fast so that you can enjoy your time in Paducah.
    Regards from a Western Canadian Quilter,
    Anna

Get well in a hurry! Paducah needs all your strength! Great quilt. It would be a good hour project.

Your comments on my blog are no longer coming to my email – no biggy, but since I can’t read comments at lunch, it helps if they hit my email.

LOVE THIS! I’d be willing to work on it for an hour a day! LOVE IT! I have wanted to make a project that has blocks within blocks