Monday “Buzyness”

Net Stash Reduction Goal for 2008 – 150 yards
Net Used to Date – 37 yards
Net Yards To Go – 113 yards

Summer has arrived in my little corner of MO. It was darned hot here today. Last year I was complaining about the air conditioner in my Honda, but then fall came and then winter came and somewhere along the way, I forgot that my air conditioner wasn’t keeping me chilled to the bone. Here it is time to leave for Paducah and I wish I’d gotten it fixed. Really, I was waiting because I figured there would be some short warranty with whatever gets done and if I had it fixed in December, who’d know if it was working or not. It works ok for the long hauls but that stop, get out, get back in kinda driving . . well, that’s not so good. I could take the Highlander (that will be a year old on June 1) but it still only has a bit over 1,000 miles on it and even though the mileage is low, it still has the original oil. I’d hate to drive it all the way to Paducah and back without a fresh oil change and I don’t have time to go to Joplin to get the oil changed before Wednesday so . . I’m praying for cloudy days with cool temps! And, tomorrow I’ll call the Honda dealer in Joplin and get an appointment to get the a/c fixed in the Honda.

Went back to the doctor today, got more antibiotics (Biaxin that should cure *everything*), Prednisone (which I’m surely not crazy about taking but I’m getting desperate to feel better), and the best – a good, strong cough medicine. The doctor assured me I’ll feel better by Wednesday and honestly, I took the first round of everything but the cough medicine shortly after lunch and I do believe I feel better. But I went back to bed this morning about 9 and slept til 11:30. I can’t do that and enjoy the quilt show too so I guess along with praying for cloudy, cool days, I’d better be praying for a very quick recovery! šŸ™‚

I finished the quilting on this nameless quilt. I like this quilt a lot! But, I kinda like all quilts! It’s so nice to be able to go outside and take pictures again. Tomorrow I’ll put the binding on this one, and this one and quilt and sew the binding on a third one. Hope you believe all that!

dsc04109.JPG

My good friends, Elaine and Kim, have offered to drive to Paducah so I can sleep in the back seat if I’m still feeling bad. I figured if they’re so nice as to offer to drive, they can drive so I can do the handwork on the binding. You can bet that one of them will be driving when we get to this spot. There is where I thought I could make it last year and as soon as we got on the bridge, I started saying “I can’t do it!!“.

blue-bridge.jpg

You get off this first bridge, drive a couple of car lengths and then you’re on this bridge. It doesn’t bother me if I’m not driving so . . it won’t bother me! šŸ™‚

bridge2.jpg

My poor husband! He asked if I would make bread before I leave. NO! I surely don’t feel like grinding wheat, making bread, cleaning up the mess AND getting a third top quilted and binding sewn on three quilts! Then he asked if I’d make strawberry shortcake tonight. OK . . I’ll do that so I’m headed back to the kitchen now to make strawberry shortcake.

Comments

oh Judy, I love your quilt!! I especially like the tan and white squares in the background. šŸ™‚ as for a name b/c the colors are so “fresh and clean” looking – and there are stars… how about “A fresh new start!” or “A new star is born” or something like that……ok, I am not very good at naming quilts either ;P

Have a great time in KY. As far as those applique patters go that you bought an dnever used – you could always use them in a blog give-a-way… I dont’ think you have ever had one of those have you?

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

I know that bridge too. Been there, done that.

Enjoy Paducaha. Wish I was going, we were in Nashville two weeks ago, but without a car, so I couldn’t even go shopping there.

Havae a great trip. If there is anymore rockin and rollin here, I’ll let you know.

Your new quilt is a stunner, can’t wait to get started! What a shame to not be feeling well right before your big trip–load up on the meds! That bridge would give anyone a panic attack. I can’t get from Maine to New Hampshire without going round about because of a big scary bridge just like this one!

The Nameless quilt looks great – I might just have to do this one…I even came across my Tri Rec rulers (that have never been used) when I was unpacking.

Have a great trip – hope you feel better!

That quilt is yummy! I see stars and shadows — so Shadow Stars. I can’t wait for you to go to the show and get back and tell us all about it!!

Betty J in OKC says

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL quilt!!! Can’t wait to get started on it!
    Some of us making Bonnie’s CC will be meeting Weds, noon/1 at the vending/arcade area by the Hoffman Clothing Challenge. Please come join us and say HI! We’ll be eating lunch and visiting there.

You sure get a lot done when you are sick! The quilt looks great. I think I’ll do that for my next QOV. Have a great time at AQS!

Your quilt turned out beautiful! You are a good wife, I’d just run to the store and get those little dessert cups, some strawberries and a can of Reddi-Whip! Have a great time in Paducah, can’t wait to see the pictures!

Kate says

I love this quilt, and if you do it as a Quilt for an Hour I think I might join in! Love the background– fun!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I just love this quilt and what you did with the background. It’s amazing what a subtle change will do.

Your quilts are so beautiful and this one is, too. When I look, I see stars and diamonds! Sending you good wishes…to feel better and cloudy weather šŸ™‚

pdudgeon says

sure hope you get to feeling better. glad that your friends will be driving. take it easy and get your rest.

Connie says

Whatever you call the quilt, I call it “BEAUTIFUL”.

I’m officially jealous of you going to Paducah, especially since you get to be with Elaine and Kim (give them hugs from me). Ya’ll have fun and be good!

Evelyn says

Beautiful quilt! I really love it.

If you are taking Prednizone – quick, take off your rings!!! Especially in hot weather. Chances are – it will make you swell. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Cheers!