My Space

Net Stash Reduction Goal for 2008 – 150 yards
Net Used to Date – 37 yards
Net Yards To Go – 113 yards

Through the magic of time stamping (or at least I’m hoping this is how it works), I’m able to write this post before leaving for Paducah and have it show up on Wednesday while I’m away. I guess I have this lofty view of my blog and seem to think it’s so important in the lives of my readers that no one will be able to function while I’m gone unless they have a blog post to read so . . here ya go! A post while I’m gone.

These pictures, along with the stash pictures, should prove to everyone that I don’t need to buy anything . . ever again!

I’ve shown you some recent improvements to the cave (the downstairs wet bar area and fabric storage) but I thought since I’d done some major cleaning on my cutting table, I’d share that space with you.

dsc04120.JPG

I love this big cutting table. I actually have two of them because I had one at the house in town and one at home in Kentucky. One is a table I bought from the Bernina dealer 20+ years ago (I think it’s this one). The other one is one I got on sale at Hancock’s 5 or 6 years ago. I’m not real sure where the second table is right now . . maybe it didn’t even move with us . . I don’t know.

If you’re wondering why I have a green mat on top of a white mat — the white mat is really old and in horrible shape. It has so many grooves in it that it was hard to cut. I decided just to use a smaller (cheaper) green mat on top because I really only cut in one little section. Then I’ll still have the big white mat for measuring.

dsc04121.JPG

This end of the table holds the things I use every day — obviously there are post-it notes, 5 calculators (they disappear quickly), a Scotch (3M, of course!) tape dispenser, post-it note tape (love that stuff!), magnetic pin holders and a little pin cushion. The little green box that you see part of — that’s my “grab & go box”. It has a thimble, a little pair of scissors, thread and needles. That’s what I’ll take with me to work on the binding while gone.

And in the background are three little drawer organizers. These have the really important stuff.

dsc04125.JPG

I’m guessing there are 10 pairs of Gingher scissors in there . . wait, I just counted — 8 pairs of Gingers of varying sizes, 2 pairs of Fiskars, one pair of Singer little scissors I use for trimming threads and one pair of scissors for paper cutting.

The middle organizer has seam rippers, band-aids, thimbles, packages of straight pins, packages of needles and extra rotary blades. With at least 10 new rotary blades, don’t ask me why all seven my cutters are dull! And, don’t ask me why I have seven rotary cutters.

The organizer on the right just holds thread. I don’t even know why I have that thread or why I keep it out. I mostly sew from cones.

I’m sure everyone will agree that there’s not one single thing I truly need from the quilt show! Doesn’t mean I won’t buy something though! 🙂

Comments

Since when does NEED enter into the equation.

I hope you are having a grand time and I am looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

pdudgeon says

you’re right! your blog IS important and we CAN’T function–at least not as well as we normally could–without touching base in here.

hope you have a fabulous time and buy whatever you want–because that’s what you would tell us to do. LOL.

I am SO glad you arranged a post! I was getting nervous without having a new blog here! LOL. Jane and I were just talking about how many rotary cutters we have. I accumulated so many because it seems every time I go to the quilt shop to sew, I’ve forgotten mine at home – so I pick up a new one. And scissors — definitely need a lot of those so you can always find at last one pair! You’re way more organized than I am, as you well know! LOL. And, yes, you will find something you NEED in Paducah!

Linda H says

You’re absolutely right! –can’t get along without my Judy blog every day! (not that I would want to load you down with pressure or anything!)
    I hope you are having a ball. I’m looking forward to seeing which don’t-needs you come back with! 🙂

Evelyn says

With a coupon, a brand new rotary cutter is much cheaper than buying blades – and you being such the good bargain hunter you are – I am sure that is the exact reason why you have so many rotary cutters!

Maybe you won’t find something that you “need” at the show, but I am sure that you will find some goodies that you want and will enjoy having! Can’t wait to get the full report since that is the only way I “get” to shows these days – Little Boy just would not last at a show so I enjoy reading about other peoples adventures!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Thanks for visiting my blogg .I had planned of going to Paducha this week,but I need the time off later this year so I won’t be going to the show maybe another year.
    Best wishes
    Brenda:)

Of course, we’d miss you if you didn’t post but these photos of your very neat workspace are depressing me. My sewing room floor was littered with half unpacked boxes before I left and there are things stacked up on the sewing machine and cutting tables. It feels like I’ll never get it all organized.

Lynne in Hawaii says

Great idea to have the posts show up while you are gone. It is working well. We all need our daily fix!