Stash Report

Net Stash Reduction Goal for 2008 – 150 yards
Net Used to Date – <60.5 yards>
Net Yards To Go – 210.5 yards

How’d you all do this week? Hopefully everyone in the free world did better than I did! Every day I said to my friends: Please do NOT let me buy fabric today! Every day my friends let me down and I returned to the room with fabric. So, let’s just blame it on them, ok?

The hard, cold facts are that I bought 73 yards of fabric. I’m a failure at stashbusting but I am not a quitter. I still have my goal and I can still reach that goal, but it isn’t going to be easy.

The harder, colder facts are that before I left for Paducah, I ordered extra wide backing fabric — 50 yards of it, and it arrived while I was gone.

Fabric Added This Week – 123 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date – 191 yards

Fabric Used This Week – 25.5 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date – 130.5 yards

Net: 60.5 yards added year to date! Ouch!!

Comments

Judy, Judy… 123 yards? What are we going to do with you? LOL. But with the way to crank out quilts, that yardage, especially the backings, will be on the busted list very shortly!

You found it, you liked it, you bought it. You know you are going to use it. If you feel too guilty about the new stuff, you go ahead and send it on to me. I won’t mind easing your guilt. LOL

Karen L says

Hey Judy, Isn’t quilting a business for you???? You write books and patterns that require quilts to be made. So think of your fabric purchases as investment in inventory for the production of quilts. I bought a book once from a designer, and in that book all the pictures were generated with EQ, I was not impressed. I need to see the actual quilt. So even though you have a very high inventory you need every bit of it for creating your business. Anyway, how many people can take a hobby and turn it into a business, granted our profits could be higher.

Karen L

Stephanie says

Never mind, you will use it, the time to worry is when you have no where to put it. As long as it all fits in somewhere it will get used in a quilt and all is well.

Glenda in Florida says

Judy–I always look forward to the stashbusting reports on Sunday, and come back often to see who else has posted their links. Every day when I read your post this week, with no change to your stats, I just KNEW they needed a serious update. Seeing you add 123 yards to your total this morning was hilarious. Way to go!( cheers the woman with 3000 pounds of quilty stash)

Connie says

I’m kinda giggling, cuz I’ve been shopping with two of those friends and I know how they are.

i’m not even playing your stash reduction game (i’m too pathetic) but you adding 123 yards of fabric this week really tickled me. can’t wait to see what you create with it. rock on!

pdudgeon says

Whew! oh i feel so much better now having read the reports! here’s my report for the week.

week to date fabric in: 21 yards 14.5 inches
    week to date fabric out: 0 yards

month to date fabric in: 36 yards 32.5 inches
    month to date fabric out: 44 yards

year to date fabric in: 70 yards 24.5 inches
    year to date fabric out: 94 yards 4.5 inches

net busted: 23 yards 16 inches. (i’m still ahead of the game!)

amount needed to make goal:
    90 yards 20 inches.

i fell off the wagon, but it’s all for backings and borders. it will come off eventually.

Your brave reporting of purchasing so much fabric makes me smile all over. Now I can lay my guilt aside and enjoy a trip to the LQS, repeating over and over to myself, “If Judy can buy 123 yards, then I can buy one of those jelly rolls I have been coveting!” Thanks Judy!!!!

mereth says

Oh Judy, you’re my kind of Stashbuster!I laughed out loud at the grand total of stash added, having done the same thing last week. Keryn and I had lots of backing fabric and orders arrive and she was appalled at the total added to our collective stash. I’m blase- we’re in Business! That excuses a lot……doesn’t it?

Sweet! If you are going off the wagon for a week, go off in a BIG way! Good girl! Sounds like it was fun and great therapy.

I like how you do things….there is nothing small minded about you. 🙂 No matter how many times you fall off the wagon, you will always be our fearless leader. You inspire us to new heights….I love your honesty. I’m glad you had such a good time!

kim says

I’m sure I’ll be falling off the wagon in a big way next week when we go to a local quilt show. I had 2 teens underfoot most of the week ( Spring Break) and only managed to get one quilt quilted. 6 to go Sounds like you had a great time in Paducah

I’m still in the hole for about 50 yards, so I don’t feel so bad anymore. If it makes you feel any better, one of the ladies that went to the quilt show in Lancaster with us last month bought 210 yards of fabric. She even won a prize on the bus ride home for most yards purchased. You’ll burn through the 50 yards of backing pretty quick though, I’d guess. And hey, you had a good time in Paducah, right?

My friends told me that after I busted my diet with my first fabric purchase that I might as well buy what I wanted the rest of the day just like on a food diet, where once you’ve blown it for the day, you eat whatever you want.

I’m afraid to even total up the amount of fabric I brought home. When I do, I’ll make sure to remove the same amount from my stash – one way or another. *s* Hope you had a great time in Paducah!