Quilt for an Hour Yardage Requirements

q1.jpg

The quilt measures 53″ x 75″. Blocks are 9″ finished. You will need the Tri-Recs ruler. If you’ve never used the Tri-Recs ruler, you may want to make a few practice pieces before using your fabric for this quilt. It isn’t hard and I almost guarantee that you will love it once you get used to using it. My Tri-Recs tutorial may help you.

Light Background Fabric – 76″
Dark Background Fabric – 66″
Brights for Star Points – 12 – 3-1/2″ x width of fabric strips
Binding Fabric – 17-1/2″ (7 strips cut 2-1/2″)

The measurements listed leave no room for straightening the fabric or for mistakes (not that anyone we know would make mistakes!)

If you don’t have enough of any one fabric for the light background or dark background, here are some drawings I did using a couple of different fabrics.

q2.jpg q3.jpg

See the tips that I posted last week to help with choosing your star point fabric.

Comments

I’m in! I will pick my fabrics out this weekend. I think I am going to do my backgrounds scrappy from fat quarters. We’ll see how that looks!

Woohoo!!! I’m in……. just printed off the yardage information. Thank you so much for sharing.

Nancy

This will be fun to see how many 1 hr segments it takes to finish. I’m going fabric shopping on Friday, so this will be a fun project to do. I have 2 other quilts that I’m buying fabric for also. You never know, the 1 hr strategy might be just the cat’s meow! Thanks for taking the time to organize this.

Count me in too. This will be the first QFAH, hoping to stay up. Iam going to try a scrappy one from all stash. That will be a first too. LOL

Diana Wilson says

Hi Judy. I plan to make this quilt with you. I could have SWORE I had the Tri recs ruler but can’t find it. I CAN find however my set of three rulers from Kay Wood. Do you know if the starmaker 5 is the same as the tri recs ruler? Anyone know this answer? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Wow! That’s a sweet looking quilt! Quite tempting! Hum…. I’ll have to put it on my list of quilts to make, which BTW is quite long. So much going on at the moment. Oh… it may be moved up to first on the list! lol Thank you for sharing your pattern.

I’m in! I may not get to start it until we are in Lemmon in a couple of weeks, though. I feel as if I’ve been off on another planet lately!