Playing Favorites

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week . . just for this semester which ends tomorrow! Chad has class from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. It isn’t that I don’t like having Chad around . . most of the time I love it but I surely do love my time alone. Since I sew in the basement and Chad’s room is in the basement (his choice!), he gets aggravated if I start sewing too early and anything before noon is early in Chad’s eyes!

As I danced down the stairs shortly before 9 this morning, anticipating the day mostly to myself, I smiled when I reached the bottom of the stairs. The first area I see is the wet bar area downstairs.

Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Our house in Owensboro was the first time I ever had a basement and I always wanted a little fridge down there where I could keep my Dr. Pepper and water but we never did put one there. This house has a wet bar and a full size fridge and that makes me very happy.

Also in Owensboro, I kept wanting Vince to put a screen door up so I could open the solid door and let a bit of the outside in. I think we even bought a screen door once but never put it up. This house has a screen (notice the main door is open today and Speck can’t escape!).

Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge

And, when I walk out the open door, this is what I see! No close neighbors and a park like setting, aside from the massive concrete patio and sidewalk of my own house . . which was already here when we bought the house.

Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Ahhh, the shelf whereupon sits my XM Radio! I love having my music up full blast when I’m home alone.
Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge
Maybe my favorite thing down here is the longarm. I can’t imagine life without my Millennium!
Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge
But, definitely my favorite part of my sewing room is my little buddy who is never far away. He’s either sleeping on a pillow (there’s a pillow under that quilt) or he’s in the recliner under a pillow — wherever he can have his best view of what I’m doing.

Comments

Linda H says

Those kinda days are special, like a calm in the midst of the busyness of life. My day was like that yesterday, first time in a long time. I was on a quilting roll. Had hoped to resume the roll tis afternoon, but…um, well I had an accident this mornign…tripped and went down on my head and shoulder on the cement driveway.. Hard head is ok, but the right wing doesn’t want to work right…fingers are ok. And now I am in a funk…what am I going to do for the next how many days if I can’t quilt!!! 🙁 I love your quilting area…the light let in by your screened door and tall window. Wonderful.
    Blessings!

I love my quiet days too. That ends in about 3 weeks!

I put a sewing/quilting related challenge on my blog for anyone interested

Linda H, feel better…hope nothing in broken!

Suzanne

They’d all be my favorites if I had a great house like you have! I want to live in a small town so badly! Speck seems to have adjusted well to his new collar. He’s such a cutie!

Quiet, calm days are the best. Most of my days should be quiet since there are no kiddos at home but they seem to be few and far between. Don’t you love the fresh air that comes through with the door open. Mine is open right now and it’s raining a little.
    Hopefully you will find some quiet time after school is out. Maybe you could send him to day camp! 🙂

pdudgeon says

“A day to myself . . I wonder if I’ll have to wait til school starts again in August to have a whole day to myself!”

that’s what Summer jobs are for! your space looks very lovely.

Judy, you paint such a lovely picture of all of your favorite things. My little buddy, like Speck, is never far away when I’m holed up in my sewing space too!

I am just imagining being in the LOVELY basement, and feeling the breeze waft in. Thanks for the pleasant visit. I can hear the outdoor sound, gentle breezes, and birds. Nice way to start the day.

Annie says

Ah, you are soo fortunate to have such a lovely setting for your favorite things!

Annie
    : )

Looks like a little piece of heaven to me!

I have been checking out what everyone is doing for the QFH and I don’t think that my link is working properly.

I have always loved being home alone. These days with the boys gone and Keith traveling I get lots of those days. I hope you enjoyed yours!

Since I’m just getting caught up again on my blog reading after being gone a week – I didn’t realize that this weekend is a quiltathon. I have plans to spend part of it quilting so I’ll check in and see what everyone else is up to too.