Do as I Say

and . . not as I do! So much for my for Quiltathon Saturday. Here’s how my day went:

6:15 a.m. – Up and ready to sew. Had to be quiet til Vince and Chad were awake. Cut out a few pieces and loaded a quilt on the longarm.

7:30 a.m. – Heard Vince up so I went upstairs to visit with him for a while. Decided I needed to make bread today. There’s one recipe I’ve been tempted to make but it has raisins and I hate raisins. Then I realized the raisins are all ground up so I made that. It’s the one in the pan. (And, it is yummy!)

Then I decided to make another loaf of plain whole wheat bread. The biga for that one is in the little bowl.

8:30 a.m. – Breakfast was going to be omelettes, ham and biscuits but then Vince asked for banana nut pancakes so those were quickly stirred up and cooked. The plan also was to have leftovers for lunch and grilled steak for dinner – not too much work for me.

11:30 a.m. – Vince asks for pizza. Not what I had planned for today but . . how could I say no? The recipe makes enough dough for two pizzas so I figured if I made two batches, I’d get a pizza for today and dough for three more pizzas in the freezer.

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge
1:00 p.m. – Quick trip to the grocery store for a couple of things I need for the pizza.
2:30 p.m. – We eat pizza.

3:30 p.m. – Yesterday I bought 80 pounds of wheat and it needed to be put away. Got out 30 of the half gallon jars, washed them and used them for the wheat, some brown rice and oat flour I bought yesterday.

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge
5:00 p.m. – Kitchen is clean. Maybe I’ll go sew now.
Nope, not gonna happen. It’s Nicky‘s fault. I couldn’t stop thinking about the Sofficini she blogged about the other day. And, since I had found my pasta maker, I had no choice but to make them . . and they were so good!
Here it is 10:00 p.m. I haven’t made a single stitch today. I did have some of the Sofficini left over — enough for dessert for two nights in the future. That counts for something, right.
Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge
There’s always tomorrow, right?

Comments

And here I was working at a mad fever so I’d have something to report! I’d rather have your sofficinni. It looks great!

Thank you for the challenge today! I know I got much more sewing done today because of it, and I SEWED FOR ME!!! Now I need to click on your link to see what the heck sofficinni is…

I ironed backing and loaded a quilt for me. Does that count?! That ravioli looks scrumptious! Good price on the wheat? And where’s the recipe for the raisin bread? Sneaking some good stuff in sounds like a great idea!!

Judy, too funny, I had a similair experience with my quiltathon so far. For today, breakfast is done I will refill my coffee and I am off to the sewing machine.

Oh my gosh – look at you!!!

We still have about a dozen of those tastey treats in our freezer – AM NOT TEMPTED TO TAKE THEM OUT!!

Traci says

Okay…I have got to come to your house for a meal!! Homemade bread….yummy!!!

Hugs,
    Traci

Well, I’d intended to at least load a quilt and get some labels made so I can ship off 4 HeartStrings tops but that didn’t happen either. Too many errands, catching up from being gone 8 days, and spending some time with Keith to get anything done.

Hopefully I’ll find some time today although we have a neighborhood get-together to go to which I’m not entirely thrilled about.

Don’t cry! You did wonderful things for your family today. You are an amazing lady. Think of the quilters that were inspired today to get something done. I didn’t join the Quiltathon, but just thinking about it made me get going on my own projects this afternoon. Hope I do as well in your Quilt for an Hour challenge!
    The Quiltwhinny