The Quiltathon Has Begun

It’s 6:30 on  Saturday morning and all is quiet throughout my house, except for the creaks and squeaks in my head where the brain in churning out creative ideas though I dare not crank up the sewing machine or the longarm this early.  I’ll tip toe down the stairs, cut some fabric, load a quilt on the longarm and hopefully by then at least Vince will be awake.

Comments

Not sure how much, if any I will get done this weekend. I will be babysitting my 3 grandchildren most of the time. Maybe a little handwork, while I watch them play outside.

Sandy says

I have the fabric cut for a row of pansies for a row robin quilt for an internet group. Hopefully, I will get the whole row done this weekend. We shall see. It was supposed to rain today– and it’s not — so I may end up doing other things.

Loretta says

I don’t have a blog, but I am participating!!! Almost finished a customer quilt that I started quilting this morning–only 2 rows left. Plan to finish this quilt this afternoon and load the next one. Have to take a break, as I am meeting a friend for lunch.

pdudgeon says

i’m doing the same…finishing up some rows on the quilt frame. 2 more to go and i can unpin and rotate for the borders.

Well, I’m glad to see I’m not the only one finishing up the quilt on the frame. I don’t remember if we were supposed to quilt for ourselves toady, or if it qualifies that we are “quilting” for others. I do plan on doing something for myself this afternoon, while my darling children mow the lawn!!!

Karen L

Connie says

Well no actual sewing yet, but I worked at the shop and cut a bazillion fat quarters, does that count? 😉

OH CR$# I forgot about this. I am off like a flash to the sewing machine. I hope quilting on the LA counts too!