Quiltathon Progress on Sunday

I’m betting every quilter out there did better than I did.  Got up all ready to sew.  Vince wanted to drive down to Arkansas.  Ughhh!  OK.  I have all week to do what I want to do.  Off to Arkansas we went, about 2 hours from here.  Saw what he wanted to see there, then decided to drive to Oklahoma.  He had never been to Oklahoma.  Hmmm . . nothing against Oklahoma but just driving through Grove, OK and Miami, OK isn’t going to be very impressive but ok . . I’ll do anything to get back home.  Because Chad wasn’t home, we took Speck with us (not my idea) so we couldn’t really stop and do anything because it was too hot to leave a dog in the car.  Why couldn’t I have just stayed home and fondled fabric and listened to the purrrrr of my sewing machine?

Chad went fishing yesterday and camped out last night.  Called last night and said he’s lost his glasses in the river.  So, tomorrow I get to run over to Kansas with him to get new glasses.  He can’t drive without glasses so, not only do I get the pleasure of spending $$ for new glasses, but I get to spend at least half a day taking care of getting the new glasses.

I guess I’ll be happy if I get to touch my sewing machine for a few minutes on Tuesday!

So, what did everyone else do?  Tell me about it while I cry and drool and only wish I had been able to sew this weekend.

Comments

Vivian says

Wow, what a day for you. Mine was much more relaxing. I just started on the “star quilt along” from crazymomquilts. I got all caught up with the main blocks and the setting blocks.

I didn’t get any more done than you did. Spent yesterday looking at quilts and dreaming, then today was spent in the kitchen. I think that’s your fault…after seeing all you did yesterday, I wanted to make something too! :o)

Connie says

Well, shoot if you were in Oklahoma, you could have kept heading west and come to see me. 🙂

I didn’t get much done either, a tiny bit of binding stitches done, but I did get to finally meet a very dear friend for lunch and that was worth not quilting.

A little further south….ok a lot further south, and you could have come to see me!!! LOL

I got some sewing done this weekend. Not as much as I would have liked, but some anyway!

Hope Tuesday goes better for you.

Loretta says

I didn’t get any sewing or quilting done, but I did what any sensible person would do with a house full of company and 3 sacks of crawfish to boil–I just enjoyed my day.

I knew I wouldn’t get anywhere near my sewing machine over the weekend, so had my Quiltathon day on Friday. Had dinner in the crock and everything. Finished putting some blocks together. My photo isn’t very good. Blogger keeps tipping it sideways. :/

Good luck tomorrow Judy!

Betty J in OKC says

There’s a 4th of July quiltshow in Grove, OK every year. Mom and I have driven 3+ hrs each way to see it a couple of times. Let me know if you’ll be going this year.