Quiltathon Progress Wednesday

On June 14, our quilt guild is having a quilt show in conjunction with the Bushwhacker Days Festival.  The guild president is actively involved with QOV and with a local program called Quilted Hugs where quilts are given to men and women deployed through our local National Guard.  In fact, I had exchanged quite a few e-mails with her about QOV before we ever moved here.  She and I, along with some of the local guild members, will have a presentation for the QOV and Quilted Hugs program at the quilt show.  I want to have a variety of QOV quilts to have to display so that’s what I’ve been working on today.  I started a new one, it will be in light and dark blues and using the same design I used to make the pink quilt a while back.  I got 8 blocks done today.  I thought I could get 15 done but I did give in and take a nap this afternoon.

Anyone else participating in the Quiltathon today?  What did you get done?

Comments

I actually had a pretty good day. I had volunteered to do the machine quilting on a couple of charity quilts for our church. I got both of them quilted and the binding on the twin size. I will finish the binding on the baby one tomorrow and then on to some of my own projects. 🙂

patty in roseville says

i worked on my points all day (most of the day) had to pick up kids and mom was visiting today, but she kept me company while i toiled on! i started hour three on one set of points-stars. after work this morning i will get back to it as things are coming together now. woohoooooo

Hi Judy 🙂
    I spent time doing heart applique yesterday and I will continue on the project later today.

I think I will prolong the Quiltathon through more days.

Hi Judy,
    I finished the sewing on a flannel rag quilt for a graduation gift due later in June. I am half-way through the clipping of the seams. Funny, I had to take a nap, too. I also began sewing the binding for three quilts that are quilted, but need the binding. I won’t have big blocks of time to sew today. Several appointments and my son’s swim meet tonight. Thanks for hosting the Quiltathon. Will try to post pictures on my blog later today.

I sewed my blocks from Lady B together into a table runner and auditioned border fabrics. Also worked on step 6 for the quilt for an hour and have it almost done and sewed up a sock for the sock swap. Will be doing more sewing after work today.

Rambling Rose is now a top. Tonight I’m going to start quilting my Bricks & Stepping Stones. I’m extending the Quiltathon into the weekend since DH is away.

Betty J in OKC says

I’m still vutting bricks and every so often, I’ll cut up one of my many novelties into 6 1/2″ squares for future I-Spy quilts. 🙂 It never hurts to be prepared. LOL!

Sally K in MO says

You’ve been tagged! Check out my blog to see what it’s all about. Love your site….inspiration all the time!

I quilted the middle of Bricks & Stepping Stones. I’ll get the borders tomorrow night or Saturday!