Sewing Yet?

My plans were to be up real early sewing but this huge storm came through last night (this story is sounding kinda like “the dog ate my homework”!).  I was downstairs (basement) working on a pattern and Vince was upstairs in bed.  About 11:30 he came running down the stairs saying the wind was horrible!  Huh??  It had been a beautiful sunny day and I didn’t have a clue we were having storms.  Not long after he got down here, the tornado sirens began to go off.  I’ve now figured out that our local police drive around with their sirens and flashing lights on during these times when the tornado sirens sound . . I guess to be sure everyone is awake and knows to run for safety.  Up until now, every time the sirens went off at night, I was sure a disaster had struck because I could hear sirens everywhere.  Last night I saw a police car drive down our little street slowly with the sirens and flashing lights on and then heard him turn down another side street.  That’s nice of them to get out and try to make sure everyone is awake.  If I was a policemen, I’d be hunkered down under my desk but I’m not very brave.

Anyway, our warnings ended about 12:15 a.m. and Vince went back to bed but I looked at the radar and just knew another line of storms was coming (it didn’t!) so I stayed up til about 2:30 and then I couldn’t get my sleepy head out of bed til 7:00 a.m.

Here it is almost 8 a.m. and I’m just getting started.  Anyone else sewing yet?

Comments

I’m quilting on a customer quilt this morning before work, so I guess that counts as sewing! I hope so because I’ve had no time to sew for myself! :o)

I’m THINKING about sewing, does that count?

We actually got started with wheat harvest yesterday…so it’ll be awhile before I get to see the sewing room again.

Have fun!

I am headed over to the machine as soon as I get done with my morning blog reading. I have big plans for today, but as my plans usually go awry, we’ll have to see how the day goes.
    Thanks for getting me going with these Quiltatons, Judy!!!

I did my morning stretches, time on the stationary bike, and shower. I’ve been in my sewing room for an hour and a half. I’ve finished the blocks for the rag quilt. I’ve just started sewing the rows together. Taking a coffee break while I get son ready for swim team practice. Cleared the day of all errands. Planning on sewing until I can go anymore 🙂

I am in the sewing room, but I am ironing DH shirts. To cut costs, the laundry does them one time and I do them the next time. They put so much starch in them, it doesn’t fully wash out. Now to get to real sewing….Will work on some embroidery totes for resale at a local thread store.

I will get start in about an hour. Daughter V and I are going to do some dyeing today (shirts for her/material for me), plus I want to get a couple of fabric totes sewn too.

Happy sewing all!

Suzanne

Yes I plan to have a quilty day, need to purchase fat 1/4 & attend groups quild. But also hope to make two blocks.

Leanne

I have the machine, the fabric, but no time or knowledge… maybe some day. Until that time I really enjoy following your blog and viewing, in amazement, the quilts you make!
    Watch out tomorrow. We’re to get big, bad, long tracked tornadoes. *shiver*

pdudgeon says

This morning i got online and ordered some backing fabric to replace what went missing in the mail in Feb.
    then I went out to lunch with my quilting buddies today and we talked about quilts.*S*
    After that i went by my LQS and bought 4 batts, which should keep me busy for a while.
    When i got home i had lots of new fabric to pet and store away. the UPS man was good to me today.

I’m still working on pillow cases, so that will keep me busy for the rest of the day and probably tomorrow as well.
    Happy sewing everyone!

Betty J in OKC says

I’ve been cutting out 6 1/2″x 8 1/2″ rectangles for my Nephew’s wedding laprobe. After I get his cut out, then I need to cut the pieces for his DW’s laprobe, similar/same colors. 🙂

TerryG says

I made 100 half square triangles today. Hopefully I can press and square them up tonight so I can get back to sewing tomorrow.

Good that you’re all still in one safe piece. Thank goodness for wonderful basements or downstairs. (Ours is called “down below” like a boat! LOL

That really is nice that the police drive around warning people when it’s so dangerous out. You really do live in a good part of the country.

boy I tell ya having your mother over durring quiltathons really puts a kink in your sewing time. It doesn’t help that I had it in my mind that the quiltathon was next week. DAH!
    I may just do a mini self quiltathon next week!