After my wheat post about the wheat, I got lots of questions about WHY?
Here are some “why” questions I’ve thought about? Because I truly want to know answers to these questions, I’ve put them on a web page without all my jibberish so you can just copy them and answer them. You’re welcome to answer them here but you can do them through the web page if you’d like. I’ll compile some of the ones I think are outstanding so . . make your answers outstanding!
Maybe I’ll start asking questions every Friday . . or maybe the first Friday of each month!
1. Why do you quilt? When you look at the cost of making a quilt (fabric for top, fabric for backing, batting, longarm quilting, sewing machines, etc.), it gets expensive! You could buy a “blanket” for much less than it costs to make a quilt.
2. How long have you been quilting? Maybe you started quilting, and then stopped and started again. Tell me about it.
3. What made you start quilting? Was it because of a family member, a special quilt made for you by someone else, you needed a hobby, you inherited fabric?
4. What sewing machine do you use mostly for piecing? Why did you choose this machine? Are you happy with it?
5. What machine do you use mostly for quilting? Why did you choose this machine? Are you happy with it?
6. If you could have any sewing machine you want — money isn’t an issue — just get anything you want . . what would you get? If you’re someone who buys all the newest and best machines, are you always thrilled with your purchases or do you sometimes feel you got caught up in the hype?
7. When you buy a sewing machine, how long do you expect you’ll keep it? Til a newer and bigger and better model comes out? Til the old one refuses to make another stitch?
8. On a scale of 1 – 10, how much do you love your stash? (10 means you LOVE it! 1 means you’d get rid of it all today if you could!)
9. Why do you have the stash? How did it come about? Why is it the size that it is?
10. When we talk about “stashbusting”, what are your thoughts? Use every crumb of the stash? Use as much stash as you add? Shop the stash first but don’t feel bad if you have to go buy additional fabric for a project? Don’t mind buying for a project but not buying just for the purpose of having the fabric . . with no project in mind?
Thanks for taking the time to answer.