A few days ago I issued a Labor Day Challenge. Here’s mine — top done, quilted, binding on!
The yellow print in the center of the blocks was my challenge fabric. I finished the blocks and the first border and had about 15″ left. No way was it going back into my stash but it wasn’t enough to use as my final border which is what I would like to have done. So, I cut it up and used it on the corners and inserted a solid yellow into the middle. Then I used the same solid yellow for the binding.
This quilt is about 63″ x 81″ and it went together so quickly. I’m thrilled that the yellow print is out of my stash, I used up a bunch of Moda Marbles that used to be my favorites and I have a ton of them. They’re no longer my favorites but they work so good for something like this.
I was the lucky recipient of some stash busting/donating that Vicky did recently. She sent me quite a bit of really nice, quilt shop quality fabric that she no longer loves. I will use it for backings on donation quilts. This yellow swirly fabric is one that Vicky sent me. It’s a perfect backing for this yellow quilt! Thanks so much, Vicky!
This quilt will go to my quilting friends in Houma, LA to add to the quilts they donate to a local orphanage.