Sunday Stash Report – Week 39

This week was spent mostly at the longarm but I did get a bit of piecing done. The fabric I did use was for a backing for one of my tops, fabric for sampler blocks and sashing.  Nothing was added.

Fabric added this week – 0 yards
Fabric added year to date – 282 yards

Fabric used this week – 8 yards
Fabric used year to date – 340 yards

Net Used to Date – 58 yards


  1. 1


    I believe Donna asked if we could tell if we are making dents in our stash. Which made me go back and do rough estimates of buying and using. It looks like I’ve bought 99 yards ytd, but used 172 yards ytd. Which makes me using 73 MORE yards than I bought. I know I’ve finished at least 12 UFO’s, some of them king/queen size, only one wall hanging in the bunch. And at least that many donation quilts. I think if I keep going, by the end of the year I will have finished 3 more UFO’s, 3 more donation quilts, and–hopefully–used 27 yards of stash to make it to 100 yards used. Your stash report makes me think about it every week, and has also helped me set goals. You NEED goals. A plan. all those ideas you get from everyone else’s ideas! I love it!

  2. 2


    These little quilt shows are killing me in terms of stashbusting. A little here and a little there, but I am planning an 1930’s quilt and don’t really have much of it. I collected it one other time and a guild member lost her home to fire and we collected items for her. I gave away my collection of 1930’s, so now I’m starting over.