Share Block 8 Photos Please

Once you get your Block #8 done, will you please share photos.  Please be sure to link to the individual post and not to your main blog.  Thanks!

Comments

those of you that have finished this block already–any tips you have to offer regarding the paper pieced portion….measured as is on the paper it is just under 3 inches…can I enlarge this before printing the template/block on pg 2? do I even need to do this part?
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I used the first clue to make three paper squares. With a ruler and lamp under the paper I drew the lines. I do love PP and learned it with my DIL’s help. I can’t send you the training patterns as they belong to another professional artist and She no longer is on the internet. Sorry. Rosetta

I am paper piecing challenged, so I just winged it and it worked although it did involve a bit of unsewing! I’ll probably never be able to duplicate it again . . .

ya know–I couldnt even find this page a bit ago–I had to have Judy’s help with that, too! I used paper in both attempts—I completely forgot about holding the thing up to the light –that part I am happy with! hehehehe somehow I managed to cut two points short on the geese parts…but they are only a teensy bit short so it is ok! (for me)

This block was a bit more challenging. I think what some of us ran into was that the paper piece square in the instructions did not print on our computers at three inches. I had to draw my own and hence human error came into play. And play it did! LOL

Actually being a veteran paper piecer, I found this one to be pretty simple. Plus I’ve recently made lots and lots of stars for other projects!

Katie says

Oh Judy…how I hate paper piecing… But I toughed it out because I’m just too far along in the making of this quilt to give up now. Did you plan it that way? 🙂 It only took me two attempts and, had I read the directions a little more carefully, I would have been fine the first time. But I still don’t like paper piecing. I’d love to show you all my block, but I can’t so you’ll just have to trust me that the paper pieced portion corners came out better than the traditional pieced corners!

I made the deadline…hooray…at least that is the goal I have set for myself. That I finish in the 15 days so I do not get behind. Printing paper piecing pattern to correct size was a challenge but unchecked everything that wanted to pre-determine size on my printer and it worked perfect….

My problem wasn’t in the paper piecing, it was in the color placement.
    Read my post for the whole story. I have lots of extra triangles!

It was so hard getting this one done and I’m still not satisfied. It might has to redone. Some items have very little seam allowance even though, I think I’ve been precisely when cutting. Yeh, I know, I couldn’t have been, if the parts don’t fit properly together.

Even so, Happy Thoughts