Quiltathon Has Begun

As always, I had hoped to be sewing much earlier but my bed felt really good this morning! 🙂  Breakfast is done; morning chores are done and I’m now sewing.

I got all the blocks and rows sewn together last night so my main focus today is getting the borders added and finishing up this top.  I hope I can get it done today and then I can start another top tomorrow!

Have fun everyone!  I’ll post a Mr. Linky box this evening.

Comments

Dang, you’re on a roll. I want some of whatever you’re taking!! I’ll start sewing when I get home from my haircut!

I have been sewing away since before dawn this morning. Why is it I can get up raring to go on the weekends but have to force myself to get up during the week for work? better get off here and back to sewing …

My Quiltathon has begun also! My sewing room was a disaster, I started cleaning it last night, finished it up this morning. I will get sewing right after I have morning blog fix. hehe

I’ll be sewing today in between doing laundry and housekeeping that didn’t get done while I had a Christmas Decoration Tornado going on. For the most part, the decorating’s done (I still have to tweak it a little), but I need to get some Christmas sewing done, too. It’s a great weekend for a Quiltathon!

I’m working on a quilt for me today. I’ve been speed piecing the blocks as they are pretty simple to make and I have 40 of them to do. Then tomorrow I hope to put them all together and add flanel backing then quilt. That’s my quiltathon goal this month. Well back to sewing!
    Huggs,
    Cleary

I’ve been up since 6, but only started quilting an hour ago. I have finished the quilt I had on the long arm… now back to paper piecing my daughter’s wedding quilt. Quiltathon… whoopie!

I will be working on hand quilting a gift for my friend. Hopefully it will be done by Sunday night , at least ready to bind by then.

Evelyn says

I got rows of a quilt pinned together!!! Then I had to stop to prep salads for our St. Nicholas Day Feast (we are having meat fondu!). Maybe after we eat I will get everything pressed… slow progress is progress. I’m off to play a game of Memory with SB now. Sounds like you are on a mission to get your quilt done today – good luck!
    Cheers!
    Evelyn

Yup……quilting away……finished the client quilt on the machine (I hope it counts for quilting even though its for someone else) and the rest of the day I will be quilting on a “me” project……

Karen L

Linda says

Man, everyone wants a job like that. I can’t complain though, I often read blogs, compose blog entries, twitter, while I’m at work.

I started sewing a little later than I thought today but I’m now on a roll and taking a quick break between laundry to post on my blog and comment here. I am on my first offical Quiltathon! I’m so excited to complete my holiday quilt so I can take it to Mom’s in New Mexico in three weeks and use her long arm. My sewing room was a disaster since putting up decorations all week and so last night I cleaned it and organized it so I can piece, stitch and create today and tomorrow. Thanks for sharing all!

I thought I might get some quilting done today but between errands, playing in my photos, cooking dinner, baking cookies, and beating Keith in Scrabble, I didn’t have any time at all. Hope you got lots done.