Speck Update

Thanks everyone for writing about Speck.  All those stories about the dogs that ate chocolate (or worse) and survived are surely nice to hear.  Wish I could’ve heard some of those between midnight and 5 a.m. last night!

From all appearances, he’s back to normal.  He’s been up and down the stairs his limit and we’re going to have to start using the gate again to keep him off the stairs.  I was eating peanut brittle just a minute ago and here’s Speck sitting next to me begging for a bite.  Speck gets his fashion sense from Vince . . he doesn’t even care that his harness is way off center! 🙂

Comments

Sibyl says

Judy

i am so glad that Speck is doing fine now. I know I would worried to death if one of our brood had ate something like that. He looks like why did you worry about me? I’m fine, I just want what ever you have.

Sibyl

That picture of Speck with his harness on crooked made me laugh. I guess you could say his halo is on crooked, too…since he was NOT an angel to eat all that and have you so worried!!! Thanks for letting us know he is doing fine. He is a cutie patootie…that’s for sure!

Donna (from MI) says

Glad to hear Speck is ok. It is scary when the dog is sick. And sounds like the vet didn’t make it any easier.

Merry Christmas.

Linda says

I’m so glad Speck is getting back to normal. Our pets are like family & when they are sick we suffer along with them. So, maybe the lesson here is that we should hurry up and EAT the chocolate and not leave it laying around? Quilters gotta have chocolate, ya know, but their doggies can’t.

He’s begging so he’s fine! I was worried about that little booger today! Glad to see he’s back in fine form, crooked harness and all!

Bon says

Wow, poor Speck. Bet he won’t do that again … for about 10 seconds. LOL I’m sure it scared the stuffin’ out of you guys. I’m sure glad he is better now. I’ve heard that chocolate is toxic to dogs. I try to tell our neighbor that but he feels his beloved boxer it all the time. Course he is a MUCH bigger dog and he only gets a piece or two.

Evelyn says

It’s great to see him looking like his sweet self again! Enjoy your holidays altogether!!!
    Cheers!