Another UFO

I finished the patriotic top I was working on and last night I pulled out another UFO box.  It had these blocks.  It was meant to be another Leaf Season quilt.

Only these three blocks were already sewn together and only one leaf block was made, although a bunch of green/white half square triangles were made.  I wanted something easier and quicker than the leaf blocks so I came up with this idea.

I’ve gotten half the alternating blocks made.  This one will be an easy finish.  The half square triangles in the border will slow me down a bit but I think they really add to the quilt.  For that outer green border, I think I may use a purple/green stripe which was the main reason for starting this quilt. I’ll have to see how the border looks with the quilt once I get the half square triangles border added.

Comments

What an awesome quilt! You’re doing great getting rid of those extra blocks you had made!! Hope you get the water heater dilemna solved. It’s always something, isn’t it? LOL

June Piper-Brandon says

I really like that one. I might just have to do it. I’m working on UFO’s too, but first I have to finish the binding on two baby quilts.

Garen says

Love it!!!! Like the 9 patches way better than the leaves – even though the leaves are lime green (a personal color favorite!)!

Wonderful quilt….I’m thinking that I need to get into the stash busting in a major way for ’09. I need to study up on the rules……a good project for today!
    Pat

Cindy Kuipers says

I love it, especially the green!! I agree with pdudgeon – could it be a Quilt for an Hour sometime?

I like it!! I never liked lime green in anything but it’s become one of my favorite colors. Who woulda thought? And I always like purple. One of the Amish ladies around here has the most beautiful purple dress and I sure would like to find some of that fabric.

You did a great job with altering this pattern. I love it. I have an opinion, and remember, it’s just my thoughts. The body of this quilt is soft, looks like trellis and flowers, but I think the “saw blade” border takes away from the look. Anyway, as I said, just an opinion – you always generate great designs.

Looks great – I think the leaves would be a bit too much anyway, though sprinkled here and there wouldn’t be bad 😉

Now you’re ahead of the game with all those HST’s for your border! Woot!

Well lucky you to trun these UFO blocs into somehting pretty 😉 and no surprise that it is purple and lime… LOL

however when I first looked I thought it needed a touch of hot pink.. but now after looking closer I think a Bright GOLD flip and stitch corners on your 9 patches may be FUN to give it a little sparkle and Mardi Gras look to it – it is almost that time agian.. 😉 just an idea. ~bonnie

You realize, don’t you, that when you post a picture of old blocks you’re trying to get rid of, I’m likely to end up with a pile of blocks I need to DO something with? 🙂

I really like your solution, I think the 9-patch works better than the leaf block. I can’t wait to see the finish.

Vivian says

Great, simple design. I cast another vote for seeing this be a “Quilt For An Hour” project (I haven’t had a chance to do one yet). And what’s great is your sample quilt is already halfway done!

Bon says

Hey Judy, I really like the 9-patch much better than the leaves. Great quilt. Are you going to post a picture of the finished product by the end of this weekend? (Only half kidding here.)

That’s a really cool quilt. I’m getting to where I like fewer and simpler fabrics in quilts more and more.