Stash Report Week 2, 2009

This week I used 4.0 yards for a backing for a QOV.  Vicky had donated the fabric but I’d added it to the stash last year so I’m counting it as a use.  5-1/2 yards were used as a backing for the patriotic stars I quilted.  The top was made either in 2007 and since it was completely made and waiting to be quilted, I didn’t count that fabric.  A bit over 1 yard was used for Taylor’s pillowcase and 1-3/4 yards were used for the borders on the Shadow Stars top I finished.  I didn’t count the fabric I’m using in the swirly stars because I haven’t finished that top yet.  It will get counted in next week’s report.

Nothing added this week!

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 0 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 13 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 40.50 yards

Please share your reports here.  Don’t forget to link to the individual post . . not to your main blog.

Comments

I hope I did it right this time. I’m surprised that when you keep track of the fabric you use how much it actually totals up to and how much more there is to use up. It’s really kind of scary.

Debbi says

Thanks for keeping us motivated, Judy! For me, it feels good just being organized and keeping track this year.

Thanks Judy! I have been enjoying reading your blog and making my own stash busting reports each week. I gave you a shout out on my blog to hopefully inspire some other quilters.

Denise Russart says

Well Judy it didn’t last long – but at least I’ve used more to date than I purchased. 😉

You are doing fantastic! I should get a few quilt tops quilted. I could get some good yardage from putting together the backs from my stash.

Okay, we are back to report and it’s great to see so many people working on their stashes and being creative!!! It gives me the energy I need to keep those batteries going and to just get it done!! And having alot of fun seeing what everyone is up to.
    Thanks Judy for such a great place to come and report in at!! 🙂

The progress was not as much as I had hoped, but I did make progress. This week I will be quilting and working on my own pattern samples.

Sorry, Judy… left it on the wrong place 🙂 brain is tired….. But thanks for inspiring me to get a lot done this weekend and I’m busting my stash 🙂

Well, I didn’t add to the stash. . . but I didn’t use any. Hopefully I can start showing some depletion of the stash starting next week!

I made a lot of progress this week which is part of my report but since I only count fabric when I finish a project I don’t focus as much on the finished number as much as whether I’m going to my stash first when I need fabric.

I think my YTD total is just 1.5 yards used but I’ve got a bunch of stash in projects in progress so I’m happy.

Lynne in Hawaii says

Since I do not have a blog I can’t connect to Mr. Linky. So….in this week = 5 yards. Out this week = 4 yards. Year to date = -1 yard. I enjoyed the quiltathon (Thanks Judy) and reading everyone’s reports for the quiltathon and stash busting. All the reports are terrific!

No progress the past week, but I am hopeful for this week ahead. There are so many inspiring blogs. If I would stop reading and go do some work, I might make progress. Hmmmmm.