Gotcha!

Things like this appear in my inbox!  Those certainly aren’t the only tempting emails I receive daily.  Is it hopeless?  Am I destined to continue adding to the fabric and yarn stashes?  Believe it or not, I’ve stood strong and have not bought any fabric.  I even went to the quilt shop here in town with a friend last week.  I only did it because she begged.  And, being the nice girl that I am, I didn’t want her to have to go to the shop alone.  I’m so nice (and maybe a bit of a fibber!).  Nothing against the quilt shop here . . I like it a lot but I know that the voices of the fabric requesting to come home with me are stronger than the voices I hear telling me not to buy fabric!  (Stop worrying . . I don’t really hear voices . . unless I do buy fabric and Vince sees the credit card bill . . then I hear loud, grumpy voices . . or just one voice but that one is enough!)

When I let go and do buy fabric . . it isn’t going to be pretty!  I can feel it building within.

But the yarn voices were too strong.

Simply Sock Yarn has such good service.  I just love ordering yarn from them.   The second yarn from the right – that’s Seacoast Handpaint (50% merino wool/50% tencel) Black Hills Gold.  I’m going to make Spring Forward socks using this yarn . . as soon as I finish up one more sock!  Hope you noticed that self-discipline! 🙂

All wound into balls and ready to knit.

Comments

I know exactly where you are coming from – bought lots of fabric in the last two weeks (did I need it? Of course I did!). It’s on it’s way here – will take pics – it’s all beautiful! Love the sock yarn! Can’t wait to see the socks!

Marilyn says

Judy,
    You are too funny ! That is really a good excuse to buy (because they have
    such good service) I will have to remember that one. The yarn looks so pretty.
    I sure wish that I knew how to knit.
    Marilyn

Rita Engard says

Your sock yarn really is so pretty. I used to crochet a lot but I used the yarn as it came off the skein (well from the middle). I’ve seen a lot of sites where people are knitting socks and it seems that they always wind the yarn into balls before they use it. I am just curious why they don’t sell it already wound into balls if everyone does that before they start knitting the socks. Maybe it’s a difference between knitting and crocheting?
    You make me want to learn to knit socks but I fear I couldn’t cope with another stash monster of sock yarn.
    Rita E in AZ

becky rhodes says

I agree about the socks.I’m not a knitter but you’re starting to get me interested in learning how to knit if I could do the socks. Would that be the wrong beginner project?

Ok, so I know why you roll your hanks of yarn into balls but I do not know how you get your balls of yarn to look so professionally rolled! Do you use some kind of core? What’s your secret? I really need to learn how to knit socks. I’m just a beginner knitter although I learned when I was in high school. Just only know the very basics though. Among other things I don’t buy bread or laundry soap any more because I make my own for soooo much cheaper (and better). I’d like to say the same about my socks!

Bobbie says

I’m getting so close to try again on one of the 2 pairs of socks I have started-hit a place where I ended up in tears because I couldn’t figure out what in Gods name were they talking about-I used circular needles, but I’m going to try the double pointed needles this time and see if its way better. I’m knitting on a felted knit purse now, so when thats done-I’m good to go on the socks. Of course still quilting-got my Bear Paw all basted and statred the hand quilting-my 1st. big quilt to hand quilt. Hugs, Bobbie

Sometimes fabric talks to me too. Can I claim insanity when I give in & buy it?

I really like that yarn on the left in the first picture. Could you knit me a pair of socks out of it?? Pretty please?? 😉

When Vince growls over your fabric &/or yarn purchases just tell him he should be glad it keeps you out of bars & casinos. There you could really do some damage to the budget. (Especially if the casino has a bar too.)

Thanks, I think, for the online sock place link. Sounds dangerous! ;>) Love the pattern, too. Did you see the link to Bluemoon Fibers at the top? I LOVE their yarn. Your new stuff is terrific, especially that spring color. With tencel, they’ll probably wear well too, important after all that hard work!

I try to delete those emails without even opening them. I’m going to the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival in Virginia at the end of the month and I will be stocking up on some fat quarters then so I’m determined NOT to buy fabric before then.

I am going to be good and avoid following that yarn link. I have done VERY well so far this year and haven’t bought any yarn as well as not buying any fabric. I don’t want to break my good behavior.
    I think when a friend encourages you to go to a quilt shop with her you should help her spend HER money. All the fun and none of the loud grumpy voice.