February Quiltathon Day 1

OK . . who’s working?  I’m sewing but it’s a special project . . it’s a project that . . well, I just can’t say more because it’s for you!  Something I want you all to work on with me but with the Star BOM, and the Quilt-Along going on, I’m afraid to mention another group project.

So, trust me . . I’m sewing!  And, stay tuned for more info.

Add a link here if you want others to see on you blog what you’re working on during Day 1 of the February Quiltathon.  Have fun!

Comments

I’m in and posted my link…there is a winter storm warning for the Great Lakes region, so it should be a good quilting day….

I have some time this weekend to join in. Want to work on the quilt-along and finish some string blocks.
    Eileen C

;o( sorry I messed up the first posting – if you can delete it please do so. The linky is for my main blog not the quiltathon.

Trish says

I finished six baby quilts for our local hospital’s NICU yesterday and started working on clues for our upcoming guild mystery workshop (which we’re having on National Quilting Day, March 21, 2009). I’m still on clue #1, but am now busy trimming down the HSTs to 4.5″ and then on to trim them down further before doing any more sewing…

We’re going out in a bit to get Chesty groomed and run errands but I hope to be working some this evening – at the very least I have a couple bindings to do – at best, I’ll get more of my K-quilt border pieced.

I’m doing a three-day weekend, starting Friday! This is a good sewing weekend for me, and I had a great start on Friday, and hope to keep the momentum going through Sunday. I have to cross the finish line once in a while, and this seems like a good week to do it!

I’m sewing, but slowly. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Knitting too… you’ve inspired to me take up the needles and do some socks.

Jean says

Working on Bear’s Claws …. got about 120 done, but have to tear off the paper … good TV work … also working on some pp miniature blocks and got to sew binding on a quilt. Also worked on some signature blocks. Jean in Florida – where it is cool – great sewing weather.

Sherry in NC says

Wanted to join the Quiltathon and hope to get a little sewing done. I just
    started this blog and I’m not very good at it yet. Also, don’t have much to
    blog about. Hope everyone has a quilty weekend!
    Sherry

Rachel says

I ma here!! I didn’t leave a linky loo because I don’t have a craft blog, but I wanted to check in and say I have been sewing all day. I finished a scrap quilt top and I also did my very first paper piecing!! I am going to try and make Twiddletails’ Geese in the Forest BOM. And can I just say I am looooving paper piecing?? I never would have attempted triangles before, but using the paper piecing everything is perfection!! I am using her way of paper piecing which is a little different then sewing through the paper and it’s so super easy!! Anywho, not sure how much sewing I’ll get done tomorrow, but I had so much fun today!!

Rachel

I posted about my progress today but had no picture so I’ll just edit the post tomorrow….I guess that’s the best way to do it. I surprised myself; I had so much to do today but I fit in quite a lot of quilting.

Yesterday I had to fence the dogs out of the flower garden, they were squashing the bulbs, and making the soil into hard-pan – they are BIG dogs. Today I’m going upstairs to do my HSTs for the Bears quilt and do the Friday Block.