The Cake

Ingredients all out for the Hibiscus Nectar Cake.

Oh, my . . this recipe is delicious.  Thank you so much Sarah!

For those who have commented that you don’t like coconut, I really think you could leave out the coconut.  The recipe calls for 2 cups and I used just a bit over 1 cup.  Chad said he’d eat a cake with coconut but I didn’t want to push my luck.  Anyway, this is one really good cake!  Vince and Chad loved it!

Comments

The cake looks so yummy. Lucky you got a photo before it disappeared! Well done and congratulations to Sarah! Hope you had a great day celebrating!

Happy Birthday to Vince! The cake sounds like the Italian Ice cake we had last month at our Guild Mtg. It was soooooo yummy with Cream cheese frosting too!
    Back to my Stash Project now…

Denise says

Happy Birthday Vince – what a great looking cake! Looks like one I may have to make but I love coconut but don’t do the cherries but I bet it will be good without them too.

Michelle Cyr says

Looks like I share a birthday with Vince? My bday is today also….I’m having a cyber piece of that cake! I didn’t get a cake this year….hubby worked the 3-11pm shift all week, so we had a birthday breakfast out this morning. Had my favorite vegetarian omelet…Yumm! Can’t wait for all the recipes!

Looks yummy. My mother-in-law used to make a cake with maraschino cherries in it, with the juice in the frosting. Wish I had the recipe but I’ve been craving homemade pound cake. May just have to make one.

Evelyn says

Happy birthday to Vince! That looks like a nice cake – I always make the birthday cakes around here… they might look a little “home-made”, but gosh, are they ever good! Cheers! Evelyn

congrats to Vince and many, many happy returns of the day. Very yummy looking cake. You can’t put enough coconut for me!