Oh Hail!

Before daylight, the hail was pounding the house and tornado sirens were wailing.  This picture was taken half an hour after the storm passed.  It was left laying on the patio and I thought it kinda looks like a chicken!  See how the head is tucked back a little and the wing?  Anyone else see a chicken?

Comments

I heard the weather report when I got up this morning and thought about you. Glad that you “only” had hail.

Yes, the hail sure does look like a chicken – I can see the wing. Did you see any of its eggs laying around??

Yes, I can see the chicken, too — her little wing and her tail feathers. What fun! It’s like looking at cloud pictures. One time we saw the image of Queen Elizabeth floating by overhead. 🙂

What a way to bring in the first day of “Daylight Savings Time”:( I do see the little chicken w/o legs.

Connie says

You had hail………I had an EARTHQUAKE. I OKC! I didn’t realize it what it was until an hour later when the tv reported it, I thought I was dreaming. And yeah, it’s a chicken.

Wow, Judy you guys seem to live in one of those little pocket areas of the Ozarks that gets it all! That’s big hail, I hope you didn’t have any damage!

Bobbie says

Judy, that is defintally a little baby chick–you really got a sign for you to get going and get your very own live chicks or all grown up chickens–which ever way your going to go. I’m going for the grown up ones. Hugs, Bobbie

Cindy says

Looks like a chicken that has just had the crap scared out of it from a hail storm. ;o

Ummmmmmm if you say so LOL I hope there weren’t any swirling winds delivering said chicken.

Glad you are safe!

Cindy says

Wow, I don’t think we got anything like that. I guess I slept through it. I know we’re in for it for the next few days.

Wish I had a storm shelter. It used to be, you only needed one,really, during April and May. Now it seems like we need one all year round.

Say, do you think you could store fabric in a storm shelter? Aren’t they supposed to be pretty water tight? Even if I could just store batt, it would be a help.

Chicken Hail!! Earthquakes??? I think I will just be happy up here in the north with that blowing snow, cold winds and stay in the house where I won’t be hit with chicken hail or fall into a crack went the ground breaks!!

And then I will sew!!!! (yes, Judy, I think it’s a sign to that chickens want to come to your house soon!! But please give them a good roof over their heads – they don’t need to be hit with this type of hail!!

Lynne in Hawaii says

Wow! That’s some ‘chicken’ hail! I sure hope no vehicles were out in that stuff…it could do damage. Hope everyone was safe and warm.

I think that’s the storm system that we are getting right now…and into tomorrow. We are on the lookout for tornado’s tonight. We’ve already had some of the siding by the roof come off. It’s just flapping wildly. It sounds like thunder too.
    Glad you just got some “chicken hail” and nothing worse!!!!! 🙂
    dawn

And here we are just a few miles north of you in Belton, and we got about 5 minutes of rain, and less wind. Go figure – it’s the Midwest! I hope to see you at Guild where we can finally meet each other in person!