Week 11 Stash Report

Still no purchases!  I cut out two “kits” this week that will actually get used next week so it was counted this week but next week, I may have nothing to report.  It all comes out in the end, huh?

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 0 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 24.50 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 142 yards

Comments

June Piper-Brandon says

Ok, I was bad this weekend. My guilds quilt show is on and I found the perfect orange fabric for the border of a quilt I’m going to make for Liam and some coordinates. I bought 8 yards of fabric in all. I bought 1 yd brown for sashing, 2 1/2 yard cuts of orange, 1 yd orange (pre-cut), 3 yds of border fabric and 2 yds of a really neat African print that I just had to have for something. I’ll be using the oranges this week to do another Pat Sloan OP challenge quilt so that Liam has a new quilt for his bed (he loved the other one I did but the border had pink in it).

posted by usage for the week as nothing since it was so small. Gonna do better next week will have the quilt along fabric to count then.
    Great job everyone on following through with this challenge weekly and working on reducing your stash as you can.
    Thanks Judy for all you do for us
    Eileen C

I think I’m doing great but YOU are doing fabulous. It was tempting to go buy a binding simply because it is easier…but with a bit of looking I found what I needed/wanted in my stash.

I’ve been really busy this week with non-sewing activities (moving furniture again), so I have nothing to contribute as a Stash Report. I did buy some batting, a new mat and 12-inch Olfa ruler yesterday, but no fabric. And, happy news for me, I have my sewing room back! Take care, Dianne B. in England

Denise says

My machine has been humming along every night after work – fabric being busted and tops coming out of their stash and being completed. 🙂

Well, I got my order from the Fat Quarter Shop, but only 2 FQ packs and a 2-yard piece were for me. I let my daughter Julie pick out some things she wanted and she picked up the box at my house and brought it to quilt camp.

I am changing the name of my weekly posting to Stash Builder, instead of stash buster, since I seem to be adding much more than I am using! But I couldn’t resist all the new Fairy Frost colors that have come out since the first of the year!