I had a box of quilts ready to send off to the group that supplies quilts to an orphanage in Louisiana and then I took two out to give to a local need and finally got around to getting two more quilts finished and shipped off for the orphanage. It’s the binding that causes the bottle neck around here. I can fit three quilts in my big boxes so I like to send them in lots of three. My Louisiana contact didn’t open the box til Thursday so I didn’t want to post the pictures til she had seen them in real life.
All these quilts have been shown here already but now they’re really gone . . never to be seen on the blog again! I had written down all the sizes but can’t remember where I put the notes. They’re all about 60″ x 80″.
This first one was made as a test for a pattern that is in Nine Patch Extravaganza.
This top was made by Vicky. The backing was also donated by Vicky.
This is a stash project we did as a group on the blog a while back. The backing was also donated by Vicky.
Hope these quilts bring warmth and comfort to some children less fortunate than most of our own children.
A huge thanks to Vicky for sending me fabric she doesn’t think she’ll use. It’s all good quality, quilt shop fabric and most of it will go into these quilts going to the orphanage in Louisiana.