Too Many Cooks

Last week I bought 2 dozen eggs from my local quilter friend who sells eggs. That same day, Vince was out of town and while traveling the back roads coming home, he saw a sign in a yard for “Fresh Eggs” so he bought 4 dozen.

The back 4 cartons are the ones Vince bought and those are some huge eggs! Some of them weigh over 4 ounces each! Yep, I know because was so astounded at their size that I weighed them on my kitchen scale. I do need a life, huh? They are some of the biggest eggs I’ve ever seen.

Comments

Now you have something to look forward to ! My sex links layed HUGE eggs ! Some were double yolkers. Now aren’t you glad you got that breed ? Glenda

Oooooooooooh…what are you going to make with them all??? I see lots and lots of baked goods in your future! πŸ™‚
    dawn

Marilyn says

I never buy more than 12-18 at a time. We would never use them before they need to be thrown out. I used to buy fresh eggs when I worked…they were yummy and the chicken farm would deliver them to work. I miss eggs that are that fresh. Those sure do look like XXL eggs!

Marilyn (IQuiltToo)

Looks like you’ll be having scrambled eggs for breakfast ……….like everyday for two weeks. Hard boil some of those and send them with Chad to eat at college…..growing boys need snacks and they don’t take up much room in the refrigerator.

Have you ever tried pickled hard boiled eggs……very tasty and they keep for along time in the refrigerator.

Karen L

I pass a home with a Fresh Eggs sign in front on the way home from work. I may have to stop. Know you’ll make some wonderful dishes with “ALL” your eggs!

Those eggs look wonderful! Have you ever gotten double yolks? Dad used to find a place around Sulphur and would come home with a dozen of doubles. It was so much fun to break those open when I was a kid! I love the colors of those eggs!

Becky says

Judy, Did you know that if you put 3 or 4 eggs together and beat them with a fork you can freeze them and use them later???

Evelyn says

I always love to read others comments – because I certainly did NOT know you could freeze beaten eggs! Cheers! Evelyn

Another Linda says

I looked at this all afternoon, but I didn’t want to be the first to post and ask, what will you do with all those eggs?!!! πŸ™‚ I am so glad other posted. I did not know you could scramble and freeze eggs….. also know that you cook ALOT more than I do and have prob already used a dozen already.

Enjoy your eggs, but please don’t put them all in the same basket! πŸ™‚

I know, why don’t you make deviled eggs and sell them 2 for a dollar on the side of the road…lol…I bet your neighbors would love that…or better still, send them to work with Vince…his co-workers would love them….I wish I was close by to take some of them off of your hands….they are wonderful, huh?

Cynthia H., El Cerrito, CA says

Wow. *That* will be a wonderful undertaking, or set of them! Yum…frittatas, omelets, angel-food, custard (hey, the yolks have to go somewhere), shortcakes (for strawberries), quiches, fried eggs, scrambled eggs. I like pickled eggs, too, but it seems a shame to do that to these wonderful farm-fresh eggs…. Homemade mayonnaise (olive oil + eggs), zabaglione / sabayon, bearnaise sauce over asparagus, brownies, challah, Spanish tortillas (potatoes + eggs), … will all be so GOOD with these eggs. Have fun!

Cindy says

I was shocked at how big the quiilt shop eggs were. I am on my way to Shipshewana Indiana for the Dear Jane retreat. I wish I could go to Paducah.

Bobbie says

YahHoo-I finally found a lady just kinda around the corner from me that just put a “Fresh Eggs For Sale” sign up in her driveway. I’m one happy person. They are very nice eggs-not as big as yours, but so so good. And I did not know that eggs were good for that long a time-not that mine wouldn’t be used up probably the 1st. week, but its just nice to know. Hugs, Bobbie

Darlynn Venne says

Weighing eggs, really Judy!!!

Yes, you do need a life!
    No, not really, otherwise what in the world would I do with MY life????

(chuckling away….or is that clucking???)