Dad’s Quilt Nearly Done

Tired of seeing Dad’s quilt yet?  I might be  . . ask me this time on Tuesday!  It’s off the longarm, threads are trimmed.

The binding is on; all that’s left to be done is get the hand work done and wash and dry it before I leave on Wednesday.

I went with green binding because I thought I was getting too much red in there.  There are more feathers on this quilt than there are in that box in my downstairs garage! 🙂

Meandering is not my favorite type fill but anything too terribly dense, like McTavishing, would have made the quilt a bit stiff so I just did meandering around the background in the blocks.

But I stuck feathers in every nook and cranny I could find!  Notice the little tiny feathers in the outer sashing.  Aren’t they cute?

I hope to get a better picture of the backing because the quilting shows up really nice on the back side.

It’s been a long time in getting to this point but I hope Dad loves it!

Comments

Bobbie says

Its beautiful and REALLY–ITS BEAUTIFUL! Your Dad will love it to death. You amazing quilter, you!!!! Hugs, Bobbie

Deb says

No WONDER it took forever! That is A LOT of quilting, and it looks great by the way. Makes me want to get to it and get some of MY tops done! Good job-again!

Judy, the quilt is absolutely stunning! I thought it was awesome before you quilted it, but now — oh, gosh! Tell Dad if he doesn’t love it, you have a friend in CA who will take it!!

I am a big fan of this quilt. I love all the feathers too. I haven’t tried to do feathers freehand. I have only used a template and handquilted. I loved it but it was so time consuming. Fab!

I love everything about this quilt. From the blocks, to the setting, from the colors to the abundance of feathers in every little nook and cranny.

Denise says

How could anyone get tired of looking at that quilt. It’s wonderful. I especially like the sashing design with the squares and x’s – just that extra little touch that makes it all so stunning.

Echoing everyone else – it is lovely!

I also like your border with the varying blocks.. just wonderful…I’ll have to remember that for a future quilt.

Wonderful job on the quilt!!! Your dad will love it. I made it to Paducah today and wait until you see the convention center. They did an absolutely wonderful job remodeling it.

Diana says

Judy
    That is absolutely beautiful and your dad will love it. Have a wonderful time.
    Diana
    Port Orchard (Cedar Cove), Washington

quilterbee says

Judy,

Your Dad’s quilt turned out beautiful. I love the fabrics and the quilting.

Quilterbee

Karen says

The quilt is absolutely beautiful. The quilting is so nice. Your dad is very lucky. What a treasure!