My Purchases

You knew I’d post eventually.  I didn’t take time in the cabin to get my stuff all out and just hadn’t had the time yet to do so.  Here it is!

This is probably the least I’ve come home with in many years.

dsc_0983

The dachshund on the pillow was here already. 🙂

Here are some closeups of my purchases.  Before buying fabric, I found some patterns I loved.  This batch of fabrics, along with some stash fabrics, might go into this pattern.  It’s Dolly Claire by Karie Patch Designs.

dsc_0984

This frog fabric was just too cute to pass up.  I can see it as an apron.  My friend’s mom loves frogs and she just might get something from this fabric.

dsc_0985

Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  In fact, it’s probably my least favorite holiday but Halloween means to me that winter is coming, Thanksgiving is coming and Christmas is coming and for that reason, I like Halloween and have been wanting to make a Halloween quilt or two.

dsc_0986

I love stripes.  Need I say more?

dsc_0987

I needed brown and the red/tan/blue floral . . I kept coming back to it so I bought some.

dsc_0988

A Jim Shore fabric for backing.

dsc_0989

The other patterns – Pumpkin Patch and Lads & Lassies, both from Karie Patch Designs.  For my green cat collection, four of Helene Knott’s Garden Patch Cats™.

dsc_0991

No plans to get any of the patterns made any time soon but aren’t they all so cute?

sig

Comments

You sure were frugal on this trip. Has Vince recovered from the shock yet?

Yes, chickens do have their own special aroma. The one I like best is when they are roasting in the oven…………….

Judy,

Who makes the frog fabric? I would love to get a piece for my daughter. She loves frogs. I just finished a T-shirt quilt for her this weekend. Many of the shirts had frogs and I sashed them with frog fabric. Richard quilted it with a frog pantograph. I am always on the lookout for new and fun frog fabric. Your frog fabric is one we haven’t seen before.

Thanks,
    Donna

So fun! Last year when we went to Paducah, we were overwhelmed. We bought patterns, fabric and more. But what fun. I think our suitcases were to the max for airline travel. We were going to drive this year, but didn’t get to go. But next time……..

Linda says

I’d say you restrained yourself pretty well considering all the temptation you must have faced

Speck looks so content on his bed with the handmade pillowcase & his own quilt. Every dog should be so loved. My cats consider every quilt I make to be theirs.

I see you had to have a separate entry for your purchases. I was expecting tons of fabric. All this stashbusting must be making you very frugal. I like all that red white and black fabric that your Mom bought. I hope you had a great time!,

Rebecca says

I was so surprised (at first) that Judy, the EQ lover/pattern maker, bought patterns, but when I saw them close up, I see why. I love those garden cats, too! And the Karie Patch designs are so cute!

I know you’ll enjoy sewing those purchases as much as you enjoyed buying them. Have fun!

• 11.1

I’m making my cats green and I didn’t want a green pumpkin or a big green onion or a green kidney bean.

• 11.2

I collect green cats so I got the patterns that will work for green cats. I didn’t get the pumpkin, purple onion or kidney bean.

Wow, I love your fabrics! And those patterns — do I see applekay in your future?!! The patterns are adorable!! You were really good, kiddo!! We’re all so proud of you!

I too am not crazy about Halloween but I keep thinking I’ll make a haunted house quilt… already have a pumpkin quilt that works for fall and halloween. But the haunted house keeps haunting me. good luck with your patterns and using up that fabric you bought.

Evelyn says

Oh, I would say the doggie on the pillow is the cutest – I had to double click to enlarge, but that looks to me like he is sitting on a doggie print fabric! Seriously though – you did outstanding in restraining yourself! The patterns will be too cute when do make them. And those stripes – oh boy! I am thinking that stripes are starting to become part of your “signature”. Beautiful! Cheers! Evelyn

• 15.1

Speck has his own pillowcase with dogs on it. I do love stripes! Stripes and tone on tone . . what else do I need? 🙂

Great purchases! Very restrained. The patterns look so different from the ones that you design. Great creativity-stretch.

Love seeing Speck oversee your purchases.

Glad to hear that you had a great trip!

Pam says

You bought the patterns for the recipes, didn’t you? 2 for 1–a deal. Kari Patch Designs — what can I say, Karen is wonderful with her designs. I have 2 Jill tops that I need to quilt before the kids are grown.

Glad you had a good trip to Paducah. The winning quilt is amazing. I read her web site. I got tired just reading the process of how she designed and completed the quilt.

Keep up the good work.

• 18.1

I actually bought the cat patterns because I collect green cats and those will make perfect green cats. I didn’t buy the kidney bean, pumpkin or purple onion cats because they won’t look so good in green! 🙂

Jim Shore has FABRIC??? (I have some of his figurines but didn’t know he had fabric, too.) LOVE those cat patterns!!! You did a good job….not too extravagant but what you got was all very nice.

• 19.1

Yes! I have a Jim Shore fabric I bought probably 4 years ago so it’s been out for a while. I saw some Jim Shore panels at Paducah too.

Bon says

I can’t believe that is all you bought? I thought you were there more than one day. LOL

I am proud of you! You get a great big star for not spending much, but you lose some points for showing a picture of those wonderful cat patterns. I had to order them! They are just wonderful.