Stash Quilt, Step 3

Cut 48 – 2-1/2″ brightly colored stash squares.
Cut 48 – 2-1/2″ background squares.
Cut 48 – 4-1/2″ background squares.

Sew four brightly colored stash squares together to make four patches.  Make 12.

4patch

Sew a smaller flying geese unit to two opposite sides of the four patches.  Make 12.

step2

Sew 2-1/2″ background squares to both ends of a smaller flying geese unit.  Make 24.

step3

Attach to the four patch unit.  Make 12.

step4

Attach a larger flying geese unit to two opposite sides.  Make 12.

step5

Attach a 4-1/2″ background square to two ends of the remaining larger flying geese units.  Make 24.

step6

Attach to the top and bottom of the unit to complete the block.  Make 12.  Block should measure 16-1/2″ unfinished.

step7

sig

Comments

ohh soo lovin this one…thanks Judy..willl try and get some timeon the weekend to do some more nad post some bloggy pics
    cheers Vickie

Uh- oh… I’m comin’ in late, I missed steps one and two. Ah, the story of my life… backin’ up… what I see here looks great… backin’ up…

Yay!!!! All the previous steps are done and have been waiting on the design wall. AND….. I have the whole day off! Thanks for posting this today!

It’s raining and a quilty day for me too. Have other things to make, but these won’t take too long… right? They are going to be beautiful! Thanks!

Noooooooo!! I’m not ready. I’m done with the big geese, but still debating fabric placement for the small ones. Why don’t I have more purples? No sleep for me tonight.

Carol C says

some how I missed step 2, how can I get that now?? I am so sad, I dont knowhow I missed it, I read every word on the send every nite

Mary Carole says

Been waiting for this step! I’m putting a small dent in the stash with this quilt. I should say 2 quilts. I’m putting a scrappy top and a Chistmas one. The stash doesn’t look to diminished!!

Mary Carole says

I’ve got my pieces cut for steps one and two. I’ve got 2 Biscotti bins full of 2 1/2″ squares and I plan on starting piecing today. On Thurs, my 15 yr old cat, Precious passed. It was sudden. She had complications from a “routine dental” and it shattered my world. I miss her ALOT! That’s 2 of my fur-babies passing w/in 10 days of each other. My BF (boyfriend) helped me bury her yesterday. I just *couldn’t* put her into her grave. :~~(