From the Brightly Colored Stash Fabric, cut 248 – 2″ x 2-1/2″ rectangles.
From the Background Fabrics, cut 62 – 1″ x 16-1/2″ strips.
From the Border Fabric, cut 20 – 3″ squares.
1. Sew 8 pieces together (joining the 2″ sides) so that you have a sashing strip. Make 31.
2. Sew a 1″ x 16-1/2″ strip to each long side of the above strip. Make 31.
3. Join four rows of three blocks with sashings.
4. Using the 3″ border fabric squares, join the sashing strips to form the sashing rows. Make 5.
5. Join the sashing rows to the block rows to create the main portion of the top.
You’re mostly done! If you’re not adding the pieced borders, you can add whatever sized borders you’d like at this point. If you are going to add the pieced borders that I originally showed, hang on a week or so and I’ll try to get these written and posted before I leave for quilt market.