Stash Project #2, Step 4

From the Brightly Colored Stash Fabric, cut 248 – 2″ x 2-1/2″ rectangles.
From the Background Fabrics, cut 62 – 1″ x 16-1/2″ strips.
From the Border Fabric, cut 20 – 3″ squares.

1.  Sew 8 pieces together (joining the 2″ sides) so that you have a sashing strip.  Make 31.

2.  Sew a 1″ x 16-1/2″ strip to each long side of the above strip.  Make 31.

3.  Join four rows of three blocks with sashings.

4.  Using the 3″ border fabric squares, join the sashing strips to form the sashing rows.  Make 5.

5.  Join the sashing rows to the block rows to create the main portion of the top.

You’re mostly done!  If you’re not adding the pieced borders, you can add whatever sized borders you’d like at this point.  If you are going to add the pieced borders that I originally showed, hang on a week or so and I’ll try to get these written and posted before I leave for quilt market.

sig

Comments

Robin says

I hope you’ll be posting this over in your pattern section also for those of us who would like to make this in the future but have no time to do so now!!! It looks great! Honestly I don’t know how you manage to do everything that you do- between all the quilting, knitting, reading, cooking,blogs, quilt shows, shopping, etc not to mention the chickens- I’m worn out just writing about it!! LOL

oh boy I have goofed up somewhere , i think it was using 2 different sewing machines in the making..aw well I have fudged here and there so hopefully all wil be ok..or maybe just a tad UNIQUE…thanks heaps Judy
    cheers Vickie

Katie says

I’m not doing this project (too many others needing done right now), but I just wanted to say I love the sashings. You always make up such fun, fancy, different sashings. It almost makes me want to start this quilt today!

Evelyn B says

I love this project. Now, if I can only find the step 2 instructions in the mess I call my sewing room, I can get started. Any chance you will post the whole pattern one last time for those of us who are “organizationally challenged”?

I have my blocks done and will get the sashing done today, I hope, but am really looking forward to piecing the border so I can’t wait for those instructions! I rarely piece my borders… in too big a hurry to get the quilt top done so I am being VERY patient because I love this quilt!

Judy… shouldn’t the 20 – 2 1/2″ squares be 3″???? My 2 1/2″ squares don’t fit! I’m now cutting 20 – 3 ” squares 🙂

I just now finished my quilt center so I’m ready for the border instructions. I didn’t know what fabric I was going to use in the border so I used 3″ squares of the fabrics in the top for the cornerstones.

I’m looking forward to actually piecing a border. Don’t know which I prefer at this point.